2016 Yankees

the thing is Girardi is programmed to let these staters pitch 5, 6 innings then go to the pen. These guys are tired? C'mon man. He doesnt mix it up enough and he's a programmed manager. NO complete games from any Yankee pitcher this year!! All or most major league pitchers are babied to death.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
I thought I saw something against Boston that said if the Yankees don't have a complete game this year it will be the first time in the history of the franchise??

Tanaka had his worst outing in a while. Too bad. I have been pulling for him to win the ERA title this year. He has a good shot with 2 more good starts. Sanchez is really incredible. I'm hoping he can be a legit middle of the order bat for the Yanks in 2017. If he is a legit 30 HR and 100 RBI producer we are in good shape.

Well ... they are a wild card contender now .... they should be better next year with Bird at first and a full year of Sanchez and the continued maturity of Did and Castro. A lot will ride on the bullpen. They need a strong addition to the back end.

This is the happiest I have been as a Yankee fan when we did NOT make the playoffs. I am excited for next year. I want Bird at first, Sanchez catching, Judge in RF, Although I love Gardner ... I say trade him and let the rest of the outfield kids battle it out for left field. It would be nice to see some kid come up and play third too. Unfortunately the Yankees don't have a third base prospect. They should really work on that. Watching Headly play is tough. I would love to see them get Chapman back. They need a real closer. Betances is good for setup. I don't think he has the mental makeup to be the closer.

Can someone ask the Yankees if they are willing to trade Sanchez for Jay Bruce now that their wild card hopes have vanished? Thank you.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Wait, let me calm down. HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, can't.
This is the happiest I have been as a Yankee fan when we did NOT make the playoffs. I am excited for next year. I want Bird at first, Sanchez catching, Judge in RF, Although I love Gardner ... I say trade him and let the rest of the outfield kids battle it out for left field. It would be nice to see some kid come up and play third too. Unfortunately the Yankees don't have a third base prospect. They should really work on that. Watching Headly play is tough. I would love to see them get Chapman back. They need a real closer. Betances is good for setup. I don't think he has the mental makeup to be the closer.
Bird should be ready. Judge probably needs a good half season in AAA to be ready for the majors. I would love to see them sign Chapman again and trade for one starter. They have the nucleus of a good team now. They're good up the middle. They should trade Gardner while he still has value. He's too similar to Ellsbury, who is untradeable with his contract. Third base is going to be a problem unless they get a caretaker to hold down the position until they develop someone. They may have three rookies in the lineup, so we may have to put up with some ugliness for a while.
Tanaka had his worst outing in a while. Too bad. I have been pulling for him to win the ERA title this year. He has a good shot with 2 more good starts. Sanchez is really incredible. I'm hoping he can be a legit middle of the order bat for the Yanks in 2017. If he is a legit 30 HR and 100 RBI producer we are in good shape.
Francessa made a good point. Sanchez will play six games a week and will need a day of rest. That means he will DH once a week to keep his bat in the lineup, so they should not look for a regular DH. Perhaps McCann can fill the role, unless they trade him this winter. I heard the Braves have some interest in bringing him back.

Did the Yankees have a ceremony for Munson as elaborate as the Marlins had for Fernandez tonight? He died in-season, too, unlike Clemente, who died in the winter.

Munson's death was devastating. I think they had a pregame short speech ... can't remember. The game after the funeral was huge. Bobby Murcer had a big game and won it.

I know Judge is struggling ... but he did fine in triple A ... I think he just needs to be given the job and he will come through. If he is awful after a month or so they can always bring somebody else up. They have plenty of OF prospects.

Did the Yankees have a ceremony for Munson as elaborate as the Marlins had for Fernandez tonight? He died in-season, too, unlike Clemente, who died in the winter.
The Yankees organization did have a ceremony for Munson when he died on Thursday, August 16th (for some reason I remember this stuff). Every year for several years afterwards they had invited his wife and daughters for various events. I am not an avid Yankee fan but I am sure older fans has memories of what they have done.

I agree with many of the Yankee fans. They have had a pretty good year and they have a lot of promise going into next year.