2016 Yankees

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Interesting chatter on FAN. Rumor is Cashman wants to sell and owners say no. So if Yanks don't make playoffs and Cashman gets fired is it really his fault?
Maybe they get swept by Boston and get their heads out of their asses.

Hard to imagine that in this town NJ but I do have a couple of buddies that are the same.
So it's still a no to the Mets taking Beltran?
No, because he's 39 with limited range, so he's better suited for the AL as a DH. If he could play the outfield every day and not need rest, I'd take him.
Interesting chatter on FAN. Rumor is Cashman wants to sell and owners say no. So if Yanks don't make playoffs and Cashman gets fired is it really his fault?
Maybe they get swept by Boston and get their heads out of their asses.
Heads will roll, but not out of someone's ass.

Traded Andrew Miller to Cleveland. He had 2yrs at "only"9 million per. a great contract.Now from having probably the best back end of the bullpen in mlb ...to having no bullpen at all.Dont like this deal

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Lots will depend on how the guys they got back perform down the road. I think they always envisioned Betamces as the closer anyway, and he is still on the cheap.

Glad to see the Yankees making the right choice. Time to rebuild. Next year we will be seeing Greg Bird at 1B. Judge in the outfield and maybe we will see some young arms up on the hill. Now if we can only find a decent guy to play third!

I was all for getting A-Rod in 2004 when the Rangers were picking up a big part of his contract. After he opted out they should have stayed away.

highest paid "instructor" in mlb history!
Yes. At first I thought he was giving up next year's "original" salary of $27M, but I guess that was too much to ask for. Normally, you retire early and you forfeit the rest of the contract. I wonder how he managed to keep it.

He is under contract. Yankees don't want him playing anymore and told him they would probably release him next year. However ... they gave him the option of becoming a special adviser. Since he is being released from his player contract they have to pay him. He is due $6 mill through the end of this year and either 20 or 21 mill next year. If he chooses to play elsewhere he can sign with any team and that team would only have to pay him the major league minimum and the Yankees would have to make up the difference.

I bet he plays for another team in 2017.