2016 Yankees

New Year .... same results. All these brittle and/or old ... and/or mediocre players will be back due to bad contracts. The only way the Yankees can be be better is if they eat some contracts and get rid somebody to make room for better players.

Stevie, remember how they got so good in the first place. Look back to the early 1990s when they were a bad ball club. The Yankees stocked up on all the great draft choices, including a young 18-year-old from Kalamazoo named Derek Jeter. It was also how they were able to draft Andy, Mariano, Bernie and Posada.

Remember, you can't fix gaping holes in a dam with duct tape. Yes, they do have some good prospects on the horizon and some are already here, but it takes time and good decision-making. They've got Bird for first base, but of course we don't know if he's the real thing yet. And then we would have to convince Texiera to accept a trade since he has a no-trade contract. He is coming off a great year, so he has some value. There are the kids at second. Didi looked good in the second half after a horrible first half. Severino also looks like he's going to be a great talent.

It's starting to look like a good move that they did not re-sign Cano. Otherwise in a few years you'd all be complaining how his 10-year contract is keeping the Yankees from having money to rebuild. We have Beltran for one more year and he's shown there is still some life in his bat. ARoid will be gone in two years and we'll have his money off the books. Perhaps we can get something for Gardy or Ellsbury. You can be sure Cashman is already looking at 2016 and how to improve. Leave it to him and don't sweat it.

There are some definite nice things happening like Didi, Bird, Judge, Severino. However ... Ellsbury is impossible to trade. Tex could and should be moved as long as theYankees chip in about half his contract. I don't think they will. I like moving forward with the young kids ... I wish they did that instead of signing Beltran and Ellsbury.

They say he is coming on and improving. He is a cheap replacement for Chris Young. I think they also wanted to clear the way for Gary Sanchez. I am fine with it as long as they don't feel compelled to trade Gardner now.

just a note: YES is not available on Comcast so what is the best provider for YES? I see Directv has YES. Dish doesnt. so probably have to move to Directv.

CC and Tanaka are not looking too good. Ellsbury is going to go down as one of the worst free agent deals EVER! At least Castro looks good. My prediction this year is the same as last year. They will go as far as they stay healthy. If they stay healthy they could go deep in teh playoffs. If they get a lot of injuries they will finish 500 or less.

Starting pitching looks bad. Some bats looking bad too. Yankees not looking so hot. I don't have much in the way of expectations this year. I think next year with Beltran and Tex gone (alone with $40 mill) we will be able to improve significantly. Then the year after that with A-Rod and CC off the books that will add up to about $100 mill coming off the books in the next two years. Until then ... we gotta make due with what we got.

I know the Yanks need wins. but Girardi can't be using the 3 guys at the back of the pen EVERY GAME! A few nights ago Evoldi could have easily pitched another inning.Gonna burn those guys out quick

i kind of suprised they have kept Girardi around. if the old man was still here i think he would have fired him a long time ago. I dont think the son is a ballbuster like the old man was! he wanted to win and that was it. the son just dont care much.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
I think unfortunately Girardi will pay the price for having a team of overpriced crippling contracts given to older players who's second home is the disabled list.
When he's gone let's remember that past two years he managed to take a bag of balls and two fungo bats to the last month of the season before they ran out of gas.

Yankees are starting to play better. However ... they are no better than a first round playoff loser. I think Girardi has some issue but there are few managers out there that are better. I think Cashman is the one who should go.