2016 Yankees

Kevin Maas was never considered a big talent like Sanchez is. We're going to see some good things from this kid. Yankees are looking really good. I love how they are climbing into the wild card race. They are winning series and playing well. HOpefully Judge will start to hit a little and we can get some decent starting pitching. I am much happier with the kids playing.

It's like Mets fans anointing Harvey greatest pitcher ever and he’s never had a full season!
Slight exaggeration!!! I don't know any Mets fan that Made Harvey the greatest pitcher ever. When healthy he is a #1 or #2 on any team. If Yankee fans are honest when the Mets pitching staff is healthy the starting rotation of DeGrom, Syndergaard, Harvey, Matz, and Wheeler who is better in baseball? As a Yankee fan wouldn't you love these guys on your staff? Just listen to Hall of Famer John Smoltz who pitched for that great Brave pitching staff what he says about the Mets staff.

The media made Harvey out to be the second coming of Tom Seaver. They are also responsible for annointing the nicknames of the rest of the staff. The only pitcher not on that list is Colon, and he has the best record on the staff.

My apologies to Yankee fans for hijacking the thread for a moment.

Other than Harvey and Syndergaard who else has a nickname. By the way as I type this Colon does have a nickname amongst his teammates "Big Sexy". In fairness Banacek Colon has been great but DeGrom is the ace of the staff despite his inferior record. Syndergaard is right there also. My apology for talking Mets here Yankee fans. By the way Yankee fans, although I love the Mets, I am also rooting for the Yankees. They look like an exciting team and I think they have a great chance of making the playoffs. BIG WEEKEND SERIES AGAINST THE ORIOLES who by the way look vulnerable!!!

You got the other two in Thor and Big Sexy. Then there's also David Wright with 'Captain America.' There may be more, but I have trouble keeping up with the roster, as it changes daily.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Kevin Maas was never considered a big talent like Sanchez is. We're going to see some good things from this kid. Yankees are looking really good. I love how they are climbing into the wild card race. They are winning series and playing well. HOpefully Judge will start to hit a little and we can get some decent starting pitching. I am much happier with the kids playing.
I'm not complaining about the kids they have made Yankee baseball exciting. I just never like to jump on the bandwagon too soon. Thinking between Sanchez, judge, Austin, didi, and Byrd next year will be fun. If 3 guys become stars it's a huge win and the yanks are already at about one and a half as my opinion Didi is the best player on the team.

I love Didi. Castro is decent as well. They have the beginnings of a really good team. I think they will need next year to gel as well. They may make the playoffs this year and next but they won't go very far. Look towards 2018.

As far as the Mets rotation goes .... you can NEVER say .... "WHEN HEALTHY" ... That is the biggest Bullcrap line used in baseball. Staying on the field is part of what makes you great. Derek Jeter stayed in the field. So did all the great Yankees. The pitchers in their heyday also stayed on the mound. Some of these supposedly great Mets pitchers have already had Tommy John surgery and ALL of them have missed significant time on the DL for one reason or another. None of them have won 20 games. Talk to me when one of them makes every start of the season and wins at least 18 games. They are way overrated.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Stick a fork in them now they are done.Surprised they hung around this long making September a bit interesting with a team that really isnt that good!
Yep!!! Makes me start to have a whole new hate for Bahston. That they survived this long will serve them well in two years when they are in a real pennant race.

I don't like getting swept by Boston. All this does is show us what we have so we can be better prepared for next year. I would say establishing a closer is real important. Maybe get Chapman back. Betances is not the answer.