2016 Yankees

Tanaka is an ace .... Sabathia is a serviceable #3 or #4 pitcher ... This kid Cessa seems like je is for real. 2017 is about growing and seeing what we have. If they are close at the deadline they can make a trade for a #1 or #2 type starter. I think they have to land a real closer though. Starting pitching is so tough to spend a lot of money on. Look at the Mets. Every single one of them is out ... and Thor is pitching with bone spurs. Yankees have some good young arms. I say we go into 2017 with Tanaka, Sabathia, PIneda, Cessa and let the rest of the kids battle it out for the 5th spot. Get a closer and they will be fine to compete for a wild card while still learning on the job with the kids. Look at 2017 as if it were 1995!!!

Nice game last night. Grand slam in the bottom of the ninth to win it is always a thrill. HOWEVER ... the most impressive thing for me last night was how well Mitchell pitched. If you remember he was making the team out of spring training till he messed up his toe. I am looking forward to 2017!

Okay, how 'bout Bruce plus the young starting staff (no Big Sexy) for Sanchez.
SANCHEZ looks like he will be a very good ballplayer. BRUCE has put up pretty good career numbers thus far and has hit very well during these past last 5 games (3 HR's, 6 RBI's). He is starting to look more like himself when he was with the Reds.It is a good time to get hot.
Nice game last night. Grand slam in the bottom of the ninth to win it is always a thrill. HOWEVER ... the most impressive thing for me last night was how well Mitchell pitched. If you remember he was making the team out of spring training till he messed up his toe. I am looking forward to 2017!
Mitchell did pitch a great game!!! Unbelievable grand slam from TEX!!! Great win!!!! Most analyst before the start of the year had the Yankees winning between 77 - 79 wins this season. The Yankees have had a good season.

SANCHEZ looks like he will be a very good ballplayer. BRUCE has put up pretty good career numbers thus far and has hit very well during these past last 5 games (3 HR's, 6 RBI's). He is starting to look more like himself when he was with the Reds.It is a good time to get hot.

Mitchell did pitch a great game!!! Unbelievable grand slam from TEX!!! Great win!!!! Most analyst before the start of the year had the Yankees winning between 77 - 79 wins this season. The Yankees have had a good season.
i think the yankees had a great "very watchable"after the trade deadline season,before that it was like going to a strip club and watching 60 year old strippers with canes,tripping on stage with unshaven snatch..
i hope their new trade talent is as good as expected and then pitching will be last domino to fall.
i like sanchez he s has talent and also seems like a pro not some all about me types you find so often these days.

Anyone remember the fast start Conforto had in 2015? And then the pitchers got a read on him and his production dropped off in 2016. Think the same thing might happen to Sanchez. Though I still would like to have him just to change catchers, as I am not pleased with any of the three the Mets have. Sanchez' numbers are amazing for just a third of a season. He was on pace for 60 HRs and 125 RBIs, although you could expect a dropoff over a full season. Next year will be interesting.

Anyone remember the fast start Conforto had in 2015? And then the pitchers got a read on him and his production dropped off in 2016. Think the same thing might happen to Sanchez. Though I still would like to have him just to change catchers, as I am not pleased with any of the three the Mets have. Sanchez' numbers are amazing for just a third of a season. He was on pace for 60 HRs and 125 RBIs, although you could expect a dropoff over a full season. Next year will be interesting.
The pitchers did figure him out and he went into a brief slump. Why was it brief??? He was able to make adjustments which is the mark of a good hitter. I have no worries about Sanchez after seeing that. Now if only Judge can do that.

Granted it was a stellar start. What he accomplished in a third of a season compares with what alot of guys do in a full year. We'll see next year. Don't forget the toll that catching can take on a hitter.

Catchers can get hurt just as much as a pitcher can. How come he's the 'real deal,' but an injured Met pitcher isn't? Is 'real' determined by the color of your pinstripes? Are you a bacist? (That's a baseball fan that judges players by their stripes.)

Sanchez is the real deal because he has been talked about for years ... because everybody has been impressed with his talent. Nobody was talking about Spencer. Ruben Rivera had talent but it was squandered and Jesus Montero was another one who had attitude problems .... that is why he was dealt. Rivera too.

Banacek ... these Mets pitchers have the talent ... but they are delicate flowers.

1. Treating pitchers with kid gloves in the new norm. Mets pitchers aren't any different when it comes to pitch count and innings limits. Some of the Mets announcers were saying that this doesn't allow them to stretch out their arms the way that pitchers used to. Then again, some pitchers like Koufax blew themselves out well before their prime. Koufax comes to mind.

Okay, so it wasn't a pitching-related injury. But shouldn't it still fall under LISteve's depiction of "delicate?" It's still an affliction that shortened his career.

Tough call on Koufax .. the guy threw 300 innings a year before the arthritis was too much.

The Mets rotation has been particularly delicate. They ALL have arm problems.

Say what you will about the Yankees rotation but Tanaka, CC and Pineda made 30 starts.