2016 Yankees

Wow, this guy's emotions ran the gamut. From the excitement about being handed the closer role for the final 4 outs, immediately followed by the disappointment of blowing the save in the 8th and then actually breaking down and crying when the inning was over. And turning to the satisfaction of holding the Tribe off in the 9th followed by elation when the Cubs came back to go ahead in the 10th. Plus, he gets the win to boot.

BTW, that last distinction is the dumbest official scoring rule in the MLB. You can blow a save and then get the win when your team comes back. And, yes, I know that wins are meaningless for relievers. So, then why not give the official scorer the leeway to award the win to someone else? Like the pitcher who was in line to get it before you blew the save.

Anyway, congrats to Cubbie fans everywhere. And to baseball fans in general for one of the most exciting game 7s ever.

I would not have a problem with that rule change. If you blow a save you are not allowed to get the win. With the exception if you pitch 3 or 4 innings. The official scorer shoudl be allowed to award the win to somebody else.

Chapman wants way too much money.Id go for another closer.The way the Cubs used him this post season,they obviously had no intentions of signing him so they basically abused him.and in game 7 he had nothing left plus was rubbing his arm alot after the game.Id stay away.

I realize he was old but I think if they traded him at deadline would have gotten a little more.Or heep him he would serve as a Dh and could catch a few times a week to spell Gary Sanchez.Plus there is a HUGE amount of pressure on Sanchez going into this season after what he did last yr in a short period of time.Plus hearing on espn that yanks are thinking of signing Beltran again! Really?

I realize he was old but I think if they traded him at deadline would have gotten a little more.Or heep him he would serve as a Dh and could catch a few times a week to spell Gary Sanchez.Plus there is a HUGE amount of pressure on Sanchez going into this season after what he did last yr in a short period of time.Plus hearing on espn that yanks are thinking of signing Beltran again! Really?
God I hope not . I hated that signing the first time. they do need an experienced utility guy that can play some infield and outfield that won't cost 10 mill a year.
Read that Chapman is seeking 5 yrs and $ 90 million. Thats $18 mil a year...Mo rivera never made that much per season and he was the best ever!
Times are a changing. mo would be getting 25 a year if he were in his prime now

I agree joeyboy, I thought the Yankees could have gotten a better package for McCann. Any idea how good those prospects were in the minors? Perhaps the Yankees were just looking to dump his high salary so that they had more wiggle room to sign Encarcion and others.

Very good season , considering retooling the minors with 3 trades. They were still in the pennant race, very impressive. Plus, I think Girardi should have been a finalist for manager of the year.