Review Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOYL

Poster Child for Birth Control (ironic, no?)
Originally posted by Cloud Nine
Trust me, once the site is running I'll be more than happy to tell you to your face that you're not invited.
You don't have the balls.

I actually think the link could/should have been left... It’s not like it lead anywhere… Just a non-working log-on window.

I say we put another button on the top left of the page linking to it. Put a counter on it so everyone can be counted by the click.... It'll be fun to see how many times assorted people click on the button and check before its ready... We can all track each and see who the biggest degenerates are who click on it the most. Its been over two years since it was first discussed, and every time it does come up.. more vote against it (or any semi private "UG" site) than vote for it.... There is also a fairly important piece of UG still awol as well.... So I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any new UG sites to be popping up anytime soon.

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by Cat_Ballou
Well, if being with a provider is typically distinguished from "real life," what if a provider figured it out and asked you?
I'd seriously consider lying (And I hate lying).

If she had undeniable evidence I'd probably try to joke it away.

(By the way, when I made that 'real life' post, this was exactly the situation I had in mind. If someone in the square world made me as 'justme' I'd deny, deny, deny without reservation.)

NOYL

Originally posted by justme
If someone in the square world made me as 'justme' I'd deny, deny, deny without reservation.)

That's a good defence for allot of things, not just be outed.

justme

homo economicus
NOYL, would it make any difference to you if I told you that I truly believe that there is no UG invitation only related review site?

(Seriously, dude, don't you have enough things bothering you to mess around with being upset about a situation that doesn't even exist?)

NOYL

To tell you the truth if C9 didn't drag me back into this thread, I
never would have posted again in it. He wanted to fuck with me,
so what's the problem if I fuck with him? And since I took what
he said somewhat personally I decided to turn the tables and give
him reason to doubt whether he had been given truthful info.

I posted the link to a site that gave little doubt to it's content by
it's web address. I was pretty sure C9 had no idea what was
beyond the username and password protected entry for this
review site because it was an address that I saved that was
posted here on UG well before C9's time on UG.

Again C9 took it to a personal level when he called me a
"paranoid mother". And I wasn't upset, C9 took the fight personal
and I responded.

As for this private review site, who gives a fuck. I'm still
irritated that I was left out of the first one who was run by guys
who I had known for years. And that was denied also until it
closed or so I'm told.

pswope

One out of three
Originally posted by VV
There is no review site.

There was...

There isn't anymore.
There is however a private hotel,restaurant and music review site*. CarlK writes a very helpful column where to dine your dates.
Deal with it!

[size=1/64]* I found Tupacs Greatest hits thru it(not the Murder Inc version)[/size]

Originally posted by Cat_Ballou

As I learn more about the history here, with LS and all the rest, what amazes me the most is to discover so much time, energy and emotion tied up in these sites. There's so much testiness and testosterone running through these firefights, nostrils flaring and hackles rising, and it simply fascinates and astonishes me that so many people care so much.
I'll just mention, one more time, that there is *for some* more to it than macho posturing.

Some of these folks are making (however successful or not) *business* attempts. This can involve the investment of both significant money and time.

The combination of business concerns, illegal activities, and the need to be secretive, puts this for some beyond the realm of the merely emotional. Not that emotion, and heaps of it, isn't involved for them too.

But I've never seen the level of threat raised in the context of commercial PMB's come to pass in the context of non-commercial PMB's.

And when one considers what happened with/to TBD, one can see that such disputes might escalate to a serious degree indeed.

Just to be clear: my observations were not light-hearted ones, nor did I mean to imply that there is something amusing about all of this. If anything, it's kind of disturbing...

justme

homo economicus
It's not kind of disturbing... it's totally fucked up.

(PMB culture has a way of being fucked up. Ask one of your backchannel buds to tell you about the Bone Boyz someday)

Originally posted by curious
For I am the mighty Oz!
OK.... You got me.

I admit it... there is a review site. And since as I said, most of the reviews are mine... it is *MY* final decision who gets in and who doesn't. That's how I know who's in and who isn't. Bender is awol, Allen's too lazy or busy (depends on how you look at it) and C-9 doesn't even know about it (so stop pestering him).

So..... its suddenly "be nice to the mighty Oz" month. As Santa and I scour our lists to decide who's been naughty and who's been nice, I can't help but wonder 'who' my friends are and 'who' haven't I argued with?

Its going to be a really short list come opening day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.