Review Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOYL

Poster Child for Birth Control (ironic, no?)
Originally posted by VV
.... and it wasn't my dick that was involved. But I was there and I got a second hand account of the young bison's talent.
"It wasn't me, it was my friend, honestly, I swear"

Yeah, yeah, we've all heard that story before.

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends......

On Thursday October 30, I had this great idea.

Why not try to re-invigorate this board and stir up a little dust.
Claiming that the review site was up and running seemed just like the ticket. I had no idea the uproar and hurt feelings that would ensue in the following days.

I would liken it to H.G. Wells War of the Worlds where people who tuned in late to that radio broadcast actually thought that the world was being invaded by aliens. Except that at the beginning of that broadcast everyone who was listening at the time knew it was just a fictional tale. There was no such understanding when I authored my original post on this matter.

It was interesting, if not humurous to see BMM go ballistic at not being included, or wonder if JustLooking was calling my bluff when he suggested I own up to pulling a hoax.

Regardless, having a laugh at others people expense rarely stands the test of time and actually is not funny at all.

I never mentioned LS, though others brought it right up. This tells me that this is still an open wound.

For those scratching their heads, LS stands for Live Servant, a website that was a pre-cursor to UG and ran concurrently for a short period of time after UG was launched. Some have speculated that it never did go defunct and has been quitely operating as a PMB for the elite and invited. I have no knowledge of this.

So flame away, I was wrong for deceiving all of you, and I do apologize.

pswope

One out of three
w/draw the apology

C'mon,everyone knows you can't take seriously anything you read on a PMB!
(there's too many sanctimonius people here,among other things)

justme

homo economicus
I might be a sadist, but I thought this was hilarious. And the timing with Halloween (and WotW) was pretty obvious, no?

(Look, I've been posting with the guys that run this site (both literally and content-ly) for years. If for some reason, they decided to start a secret review site and not invite me, I think I'd have to respect their opinion and judgement.

Why do people assume that they might be entitled to go to a private party?)

Originally posted by justme
(Why do people assume that they might be entitled to go to a private party?)
Absolutely, but it's still no fun to be excluded, particularly if you thought you were part of some inner circle and then discover that you are not...

I maintain that we never truly leave the dramas of the high school cafeteria behind us, and deep down, we all still want to sit at the "popular" table. Or at least, to be asked...

As I learn more about the history here, with LS and all the rest, what amazes me the most is to discover so much time, energy and emotion tied up in these sites. There's so much testiness and testosterone running through these firefights, nostrils flaring and hackles rising, and it simply fascinates and astonishes me that so many people care so much. It's as though, separate from the women involved in all of this, all the men are engaged in some kind of personal, internecine battle that has little or nothing to do with getting good service from providers and everything to do with how they see themselves in relation to other men...

(Of course, I could be completely, 100% wrong on this score, but that's the feeling I get, FWIIW...)

AAAHHHH!
Here you have hit upon how Lurkers vs Posters view UG.

Lurkers view it as a source of entertainment and inside info, maybe not available anyplace else (free).

Posters, at least the serious ones, view their thoughts and ideas as intellectual property and feel that UG owes them some sort of bailment. Thusly the ones that think this way are the ones that feel slighted they weren't asked.

Let's face it, not everything can be said in a public forum such as this. Be honest, we all have our own 'board persona' which is just really a facade which stands in for our real self.

yay for Dan

This place is boring as hell lately....hvb's return notwithstanding
Kudos for all attempts at livening things up around here
I fell for it (I was happy for the in crowd...after all its a PMB not the prom)

pswope

One out of three
I might be a sadist, but I thought this was hilarious. And the timing with Halloween (and WotW) was pretty obvious, no?

BIggest possible Ditto. Too many people have wayyy toooo much invested in PMB operations,status as tricks and working girls etc.This was one of the most benign ways I can think of to demonstrate that.
Dan
I don't view that attitude as entitlement as much as,How can they not want myinput and to share with me. We're a pretty narcissistic group.

Originally posted by Cat_Ballou

As I learn more about the history here, with LS and all the rest, what amazes me the most is to discover so much time, energy and emotion tied up in these sites. There's so much testiness and testosterone running through these firefights, nostrils flaring and hackles rising, and it simply fascinates and astonishes me that so many people care so much. It's as though, separate from the women involved in all of this, all the men are engaged in some kind of personal, internecine battle that has little or nothing to do with getting good service from providers and everything to do with how they see themselves in relation to other men...

I take it you haven't had a client yet that asked you about other posters you have seen. It is my understanding from other providers that some of the board posters spend more than half of their session time asking about, and how they compare to other board posters.

Socrates once stated, and I paraphrase, that there are two ways to leave a legacy of yourself on this world. To have children and thus you live on through them, the so called physical babies. Or to have thoughts and ideas, the so called spiritual babies.

He thought that your thoughts and ideas would live far longer than your offspring and your offsprings offspring.

justme

homo economicus
What does it make me if I agree to your post?

(PMB politics is so beyond stupid that it's hard to think about it and keep posting on PMB's)

justme

homo economicus
Dan - as a poster on UG I do feel as if management owes me something. I made this point on JAG years ago. But all I think they really owe me is acknowledgement that it is the content of a message board that constitutes its greatest value.

Other than that, I think I might actually owe management a meal or something.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by Cat_Ballou
You wonder how some people ever find the time to fuck.

Originally posted by Daniel_NYC
I take it you haven't had a client yet that asked you about other posters you have seen. It is my understanding from other providers that some of the board posters spend more than half of their session time asking about, and how they compare to other board posters.
Well, keep in mind that because I don't advertise here and don't mention Cat_Ballou in my CL postings, most of my clients don't arrive with that expectation. That said, UG does come up, and more than once I've seen a client suddenly "get it" (that I am Cat) from a clue during a session, and that usually leads to some interesting conversation about UG and its denizens. Not surprisingly, I try and stay neutral, LOL, but not just for the obvious benefits of not taking sides: as I have discussed with you privately, Daniel, there can be a certain onus of expectations and assumptions attached when you have a prominent board presence. In keeping with my typical way of approaching such matters, if I meet with someone that I "know from the board," I try to make an especially conscientious effort to meet the real person, and not let the illusion of "knowing them" interfere with their actual presence beside me...

Regarding this quote from JL:

"PS -- OK, so I'm a sanctimonious self-important motormouth."

What brings this on? Your heart is in the right place, that's what really matters...

And from justme:

"(PMB politics is so beyond stupid that it's hard to think about it and keep posting on PMB's)"

One of those chicken-and-egg, tautological dilemmas, nu?

justme

homo economicus
You know, if someone I bumped into in real life had a hunch that I was 'justme', I'd probably do my best to disuade them of that idea.

You know, if someone I bumped into in real life had a hunch that I was 'justme', I'd probably do my best to disuade them of that idea.
Well, if being with a provider is typically distinguished from "real life," what if a provider figured it out and asked you?

While I would have liked to be invited, I really did not care that I wasn't. Zero, nada, zip.

I guess that makes me the most sanctimonious prig of all.

Kudos, Dan, on a clever experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.