Review Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Despite a rash of criticism when we intially floated the idea, we decided to move forward with a separate review site. We are almost finished with the script for that site, and it should be up and running within a few days.

We are taking "membership applications" from UG members starting today. If you are interested in joining, send us an e*mail with what you believe your "qualtifications" are and "why you should be a member", and we will send you details.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Qualifications...

Asking for qualifications implies that it will be a somewhat closed site. Is this a "only those who post reviews can read then" type site? Or a "Only qualified folks can post but anyone can read" type site?

Or something else?

Just curious.

Would the reviews be threads, or just stand alone as they do on other boards?

Would they be annoyingly long to fill out, like on JAG where you have to post every detail everyone else mentioned, (age, height, weight, agency) or easier like TBD where you can just fill in your review of someone who already has another review?

Last edited:
Slinky, I love the idea of the review site for those who just want to know where to go for a good time, rather than have to wade through all the philosophical arguments over acronyms, morality, languages, and keeping the world safe for democracy (not that I don't enjoy those too, from time-to-time), but I'd like to hear more about what you have in mind for membership qualifications. Is that to read or to post? Will it be an open or closed board, etc?

Thanks.

The primary challenge is to define the degree to which you'll regulate quality.

If you make it an anything goes design, then we'll still be wading through the junk. That's fine with me, but to make it high quality, you have to restrict your reviewers to those you trust. Reviewers would have to qualify.

I think Providers should be reviewing also. Mostly just the posters though.

Allen, can I review you, you have one sexy voice over the phone.

Originally posted by oddfellow4870
The primary challenge is to define the degree to which you'll regulate quality.

If you make it an anything goes design, then we'll still be wading through the junk. That's fine with me, but to make it high quality, you have to restrict your reviewers to those you trust. Reviewers would have to qualify.
You'd also have to be careful not to set up a "club". Having reviewers who need to be "qualified" may have unintended consequences.

Cheers,

keenez

slinky

Have you thought about making the review site pay for members that don't contribute?
Some of us don’t like to kiss and tell, but definitely want to find new talent.

Melanie

You can pay to be a VIP at *** to view all the good stuff...

It never dawned on me that a review wouldnt be 110% truthful and honest. Wow, who would have thought that reviews could be written by providers to help their own business. I never saw that coming (so to speak).

Next thing ya know, some hooker will give away freebies to get a guy(s) to write good review(s).

I've heard about opening Pandora's box, but was waiting for the URL and reviews.

sb- Good luck with your new site.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Wayne Zworld
Have you thought about making the review site pay for members that don't contribute?
The problem with pay-or-contribute, of course, is that it provides an incentive to fake reviews so as to get free viewing. Biggest shortcoming of ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.