Pizza Ghena

gavy, don't know if flour is a "must" for working the dough onto the cooki sheet but I decided to go old school for my pizza and use corn meal instead of a dusting of flour to work it around and into the oven. Works much better for some reason. Now I just have to get off my ass and make my own dough.

cornmeal

Yea, your right justbill. I switched to sprinkling cornmeal on my cookie sheet instead of olive oil just before laying down the rolled out pizza dough and after it cooks, the pie pops right out.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Mama bunyon comes through...

...I must admit that bunny's mom makes a better "pizza giena" than I do. Absolutely fantastic. She makes it with ricotta, proscuitto, salami and pepperoni. Wow, out of contol fantastic.

I only sampled a little 'bite' that bunyon snuck out because it is at such a premium. Way to go, Mama bunyon!

Love,
Gavy

...I must admit that bunny's mom makes a better "pizza giena" than I do. Absolutely fantastic. She makes it with ricotta, proscuitto, salami and pepperoni. Wow, out of contol fantastic.

I only sampled a little 'bite' that bunyon snuck out because it is at such a premium. Way to go, Mama bunyon!

Love,
Gavy

Relax, she's been making it for over 40 years. Your's was actually quite good for an amateur. I liked the fact that your's had mozzerella in it. My mom's recipe doesn't have that in it.

Here we go again.
Gavy, stop teasing and get busy so you can share with us.......

I'll be making my first batch in about 2 weeks.

Enjoy the moment.....

Gavy:
I will take you up on your offer from the Holiday Pussy thread.
Made my first batch yesterday. Came out great. Naturally gave to my brothers & sister. Been eating it allweek-end.

Recipe

From my MOM who unfortunately took many good recipes with her when she passed a few years ago. Even though I use the same ingrediants as she did, it still don't taste as good.
P.S. Sorry, no way I give this out.
However, If I run into you somewhere, I will make arrangements to give you one.

Recipe:

Gavy:
Well I waited a few minutes to post this... Only busting your chops, I will be happy to share it with you.
I will tell you this, it is someshat similar to yours.
Ciscook