Pizza Ghena

I didn't notice it at the time... it tasted great. Better than the best fresh pizza anywhere in South Florida. If it is kosher it shouldn't make too much a difference cept they'd have to have a pork free sauce.

When I was in NY back in May the one thing I missed was a decent slice, the whole time on the plane back I told my little travel companion I had some NY pizza back at my place. We killed the entire box that night and the next day we went to get more and were told they discontinued it. Been trying to track it down ever since.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Gavy soggy dough means you have to much moisture content. You could try a little less water. It could also mean your oven is not hot enough. Try a floured pan it not only stops it from stivking but will absorb some mositure as well. I use a ventalated pizza pan or a pizza stone in the oven and keeps the bottom of my home made pizza chewing but not soggy.
Thank you, Mr. Wolf. Will reference this post come December...

I usually brush it with a lite coat of EVOO before baking, if I put too much on it tends to get soggy. Also, if the salami is real oily, that will cause it. I find all oil usually goes to the bottom of the pan.

I might do the same ~ "re: soppersotta". Also, the last batch I made was a tad "soggy" on the bottom. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Also, just looking, can you change the title of this thread to "Pizza Ghena"? Thanks...

Gavy

where is my pizza ghena Gavy ???

lol.
Yeah I want some too ASAP! You guys who've never tried this stuff don't know what you're missing. Its basically a more solid calzone (on the inside--the cheeses are more solid instead of gooey like a calzone and the meat is cut up more), if that helps explain it better.

Hey guys, I am new to this board but I couldn't help reading about the Pizza Geina.
My mom makes it every Easter. We got the recipe from my Grand Ma a dyed in the wool
tiny Sicilian from, get this, Corleone, Italy (just found this out!). Sopressata, ricotta, as many cheeses as you arteries permit and eggs. UnBelievable good!!!!!
Any of you guys get rabbit or lamb on Easter? I found Lamb on Easter to be a sort of strange thing with Christ being the lamb of God and all. Between lamb on Easter and the communion wafer the guy gets eaten the wrong way constantly, what a job! Thanks Dad!

My family would only make it around Easter I've always tried to get them to make it this time of year but they never would. I'd eat that stuff 365/24/7 if I could but then again I'd be 350 pounds.