Higher mileage during Lap dances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. I have no quarrel with any comment you've made regarding my area of practice. And the occasional foray into the court system usually reveals to me that no amount of research is going to convince a finder of fact otherwise when that finder of fact feels like someone's clearly getting screwed or one party is more capable of absorbing the loss than the other.

Originally posted by sod
Well said. I have no quarrel with any comment you've made regarding my area of practice. And the occasional foray into the court system usually reveals to me that no amount of research is going to convince a finder of fact otherwise when that finder of fact feels like someone's clearly getting screwed or one party is more capable of absorbing the loss than the other.
this is true. sod you are SO SMART!!!! maybe a more esteemed and respected poster might care to comment, but (even the most elite federal practices) seems like rough justice to me.

(Not That Anyone Asked ME To Comment Or Anything)

1. That's what's GOOD about the jury system, right?

2. Where the research and analytic skills and stuff come in is in keeping things away from the jury, by despositive motions, discovery motions (ssshhhhh, I didn't say that), in limine motions, etc.

3. In business disputes where everybody's a greedy pig, there's a certain art to convincing the factfinder that your side clearly got screwed or the other side's more capable of absorbing the loss.

is there some kind of hormonal misalignment that compels lawyers toward commercial sex? or is just general comfort with commodification? or is it it just a whole lot of money, a whole lot of spending money?

i guess the question properly asked is . . . compels lawyers toward pmbs . . .

Originally posted by h. von bingen
1. i would never make that assumption.

There is a difference between making that assumption and acting upon it. The assumption is unfortunately probably true (though not for all), acting upon it is foolish, bad lawyering and perhaps malpractice.

Re: (Not That Anyone Asked ME To Comment Or Anything)

Originally posted by justlooking
1. That's what's GOOD about the jury system, right?

2. Where the research and analytic skills and stuff come in is in keeping things away from the jury, by despositive motions, discovery motions (ssshhhhh, I didn't say that), in limine motions, etc.

3. In business disputes where everybody's a greedy pig, there's a certain art to convincing the factfinder that your side clearly got screwed or the other side's more capable of absorbing the loss.

DITTO

Originally posted by Danielle
For once I have absolutely nothing to add to the conversation, valuable or not. And I'm not sure that really dissapoints me.
Ditto, except that I'm sure it doesn't disappoint me that I can't add to this thread! I always look forward to your insights, but I know there's nothing I could add to the direction this thread has taken.

Over the weekend, I saw Godard's Une Femme Este Une Femme again for the first time in, I don't know, about 20 years.

The last time I saw it, about 20 years ago, I wasn't in a position to reflect how remeniscent the strip club Anna Karina works in is of The Blue Angel.

It made me very nostalgic.

Two Songs From Memphis (1)

one thing i will say about jl though -- it sounds like he really fell in love (or close to it) with stripper no 1, let's call her the unrequited stripper.
(That event with the unrequited stripper not only started my whoring career. It also started my posting career.)

They call me Mr. Pitiful.
Baby thats my name now.
Thats how I got my fame.
But people just don't seem to understand
How someone can feel so blue.
They call me Mr. Pitiful
'Cause I lost someone just like you.

This everybody knows now.
They call me Mr. Pitiful
Most everyplace I go.
But nobody seems to understand now,
How can a man sing such a sad song
When he lost everything that he had.

How can I explain to you
How somebody con get so very blue?
How can I tell you about my past
If all things won`t end?

Mr. Pitiful
Thats my name now.
That's how I got my fame.
But nobody seems to understand
What make a man can feel so very blue.
They call me Mr. Pitiful
'Cause I m in love with you.

Can I explain to you?
Everything is going wrong.
I`ve lost everything I had.
I have to sing this sad song
To get back to her.
And I m gonna sing this song to you.
And i want you.
And I want you.
And I want you.
And I want you.
[And I wanna tell you everything is going through my mind]
And I want to sing
And I want to sing
And I want to sing
And I want to sing this song with you.
[And I wanna sing this song to everyone.]
'Cause I want them to understand what I talkin' about.
I want you to understand what I'm sayin' . . . .

Two Songs From Memphis (2)

one thing i will say about jl though -- it sounds like he really fell in love (or close to it) with stripper no 1, let's call her the unrequited stripper.
September gurlz do so much.
I was your butch until we touched.
I loved you, well, never mind.
I've been crying all the time.

December boys got it bad.

September gurlz, don't ask me why.
How can I deny what's inside?
Even though I'll keep away,
We will love all our days.