Fios Vs. Optimum

Just an FYI, I had the same problem recently with Optimum and internet dropping several times a day, but TV was always fine. Rebooting both cable modem and router would fix it for an hour or two. Went to their office in Bethpage and exchanged both the cable modem and router. Problem was resolved by replacing both items.
I had the same issue with optimum. Cable good but internet kept failing. The issue is i had the newer Altice Boxes after I moved in 2019. The modem cable and router are all in one box. Tech support said to bring to store to swap. This was a Friday morning. Get to the store and the guy said why do they keep sending Altice boxes here. We dont have them. Needed to then schedule an appointment for a tech to swap. Earliest was Monday PM. Down all weekend. Work remote so had to burn time off. My SO could not work either. Switched to fios.

I also am ready to switch. With kids home doing schoolwork it’s annoying as hell to have internet just stop working for no reason throughout the day. I have reset and unplugged everything. I also went to office and switched modem and router, still have it go out for no reason at all. And then my modem/router will have orange light flashing for whatever reason instead of all green. And optimum customer service is horrendous. If you can get through to someone they are no help. And my triple play package has gone from 140 to 220 in the last 4 years. Neighbors switched to Verizon and they haven’t complained. As much as the wife and kids complain about internet I know they will miss the live tv so I feel stuck. I could pay for Verizon internet and optimum cable but it’ll either be same as I paying now or maybe a little more especially if I get the gb Verizon plan. It really sucks to only have like 1 1/2 companies to choose from. They have you by the balls a little and not in the good way.
What makes you think you can't get live TV without optimum?

That's what I was alluding to. I feel like someone told Bobby there was no live TV other than optimum, probably an optimum customer service rep. Lol.

FiOS, direct TV, dish network, at&t now. All have live TV, and there are probably a lot more.

I had tried to reply to sonnys post but it didn’t get posted. I know there are a couple other services with live tv but I live in Brookhaven which to my knowledge doesn’t have access to fios tv. Only Verizon internet. When I lived in commack we had fios tv which was pretty much same as optimum. I just don’t think my town has it available. I would not get dish or direct tv as I have heard they are terrible, picture going out in bad weather and such, and I might be old but I think back in the day you used to have to have a phone line to get direct or dish, I’m sure things have changed as that was over 15 years ago. And as far as Att tv or whatever I thought I heard they were shutting it down, I feel like all these new options are here one day and gone the next. And also with the SO and children so used to cable and their shows cutting the cord would take them some getting used to. Although friends in area have fire sticks and YouTube tv for live local tv and they seem fine with it. But to use all those I would need reliable internet service. I’m just so done with my internet always going down and my bill going up. And btw yeah definitely not an optimum rep.

As an alternative, one could look at Starlink (100 per month, via a dish) or Visible (a prepaid division of verizon). Put a Visible sim card into a Hotspot and use a USBC to ethernet dongle and bam-- home internet for only $25 directly connected into normal router/wireless. Did a speedtest recently with 5.4MB download and 2.5 up but for casual use like youtube and email. It is great for the budget. Sincerely, firestick household.

I’m not sure about speeds and whatnot but I do know I have children who play online video games and who complain bout lagging so I need a decent speed. I also stream Netflix and other services and want to make sure that I will receive good picture while they are playing and using phones and everything else connected in these times. I mean the Verizon internet I saw was like 90 for the gb service which is their best and fastest they say and below that is like 50 and then 30 a month. I’m not sure if I would need top service or not.

Received my bill from Optimum today
A surprise 22.00 per month increase- Spent 10 minutes hitting #1,4,7,3 trying to talk to a human, only to receive a final recording that customer service is now closed on Sunday- Automatic disconnection.
They suck!!

They are crooks. My friend who lives in a complex just like me lent me his bill. He is paying $92.50 per month for cable internet and phone. My bill is $150 per month for same service. I call optimum and ask why are bills so different in price? They tell me " sir everyone is different" wtf,? They suck.

They are crooks. My friend who lives in a complex just like me lent me his bill. He is paying $92.50 per month for cable internet and phone. My bill is $150 per month for same service. I call optimum and ask why are bills so different in price? They tell me " sir everyone is different" wtf,? They suck.
Mine went over 300 a couple of months back. Smh.
Fios isn't available in my neighborhood

When I call to complain or try to get a lower bill all they do is offer me more channels. Lol I don't need 10 HBO's or Spanish speaking channels( no offense I just don't understand or speak Spanish). Most channels I have I don't even watch.