Fios Vs. Optimum

I meant to say optimum 200 I'd what I have ...my bill says optimum online 89.99 and optimum 200 for an additional 10...I don't even remember saying I wanted the 20o for an extra 10 bucks.Is there a bug difference in internet service from the 39.99 and the 89.99 options? I guess I gotta try calling them.
if it’s 89.99 for the three things phone Internet and tv then that price is ok I guess but if it’s only for internet that’s way too much right now you can get as a new customer 39.99 for internet only after taxes and modem fee should be around 55$ total . For 89.99 you can get Verizon fios internet the gigabit speed supposedly it’s the fastest but really you don’t need that 200 speed it’s ideal or if you a person that don’t use multiple devices on the internet 200 speed of fine . If you can’t get a cheap new deal try to sign up as new customer with the help of family member wife son daughter. That’s what I did . But just like everyone else in this forum that says it’ll go up yes this promo I got is for one year only so next year it will go up so then it will be time for me to shop around again . The prices never stay . And don’t believe that price for life thing that’s BS lot of people I’ve hear say their prices go up little by little .

if it’s 89.99 for the three things phone Internet and tv then that price is ok I guess but if it’s only for internet that’s way too much right now you can get as a new customer 39.99 for internet only after taxes and modem fee should be around 55$ total . For 89.99 you can get Verizon fios internet the gigabit speed supposedly it’s the fastest but really you don’t need that 200 speed it’s ideal or if you a person that don’t use multiple devices on the internet 200 speed of fine . If you can’t get a cheap new deal try to sign up as new customer with the help of family member wife son daughter. That’s what I did . But just like everyone else in this forum that says it’ll go up yes this promo I got is for one year only so next year it will go up so then it will be time for me to shop around again . The prices never stay . And don’t believe that price for life thing that’s BS lot of people I’ve hear say their prices go up little by little .
No it is 89.99 just for internet...

No it is 89.99 just for internet...
that’s too expensive you got to bring the price down now if you a current customer then you won’t be able to get a lower promo price most of those are for new customer so my best advice try to see if you can get it in some ones else name and info family members wife son some one so that way to pay less . Good luck friend. Hope it goes well .

that’s too expensive you got to bring the price down now if you a current customer then you won’t be able to get a lower promo price most of those are for new customer so my best advice try to see if you can get it in some ones else name and info family members wife son some one so that way to pay less . Good luck friend. Hope it goes well .
Bill is around $170/ total per month for cable, internet and home phone. They tell me if I get rid of home phone bill will go up lol Have the Optimum Core package with 2 boxes.

Plus I live in a complex and our only choice is Optimum.
ok now ? Do you really need a home phone ? Remember if the internet goes out at times or there’s disruption home phone is not going to work . I got rid of my home phone long time ago most people I know don’t have home phones anymore. So my best recommendation is try to do what I told you get some one if your married wife or anyone else close to you to sign up as a new customer but you pay of course lol once that’s a go turn in your equipment. You’ll save a lot of money . I was paying about 145$ a month now I only pay 54$with taxes on internet only And 15 $ on the fire sticks iptv thing and I get a bunch of channels like over 800 . It’s not perfect but it’s 95% watchable especially I don’t watch so much tv but I get lot of channels. Try to see what you can do . Hope it works out so you can save money.

To all.
Just called optimum and told them that "I just can not afford the amount being charged ".
Gal said "Lets see what we can do about that."
Offered me 2 year w/o contract rate of $110/mo (dropped it $40/mo)
1box, phone, tv (no sports, no HBO ) internet 200 (just fine unless you have a household all remote learning and remote working all at the same time)
This is Nassau area right at N/S border.

To all.
Just called optimum and told them that "I just can not afford the amount being charged ".
1box, phone, tv (no sports, no HBO ) internet 200 (just fine unless you have a household all remote learning and remote working all at the same time)
What cable package? I have Optimum Core.

T
To all.
That sounds about right

I dropped to from 200 to 150’s it’s similar set up ( more boxes)

now you have 480.00 more in monger money!!! ( 40x12)
Good job!!

The difference I think between some of our success in lowering the rate and others is that I can switch to Verizon and others can't.
I heard that Crookhaven (opps - I meant Brookhaven) only allows Optimum for some reason.

I have the same problem. I’m in Brookhaven and my Bill has gone from 140, 4 years ago to 220 now. I also have no premium channels, just cable/phone/internet, triple play when I first signed up. My internet continually goes out for no reason at all throughout day. They have worst customer service. After storm and 9 days of no service, I called to complain, transferred to retention and got 15 off for 6 months but that’s not enough. And meanwhile that was the month they raised bill by $10 anyway for whatever reason. I’m ready to switch internet to Verizon, all neighbors have it and no complaints. Is there a difference between terminate services line and retention? Because I need my Bill under 170, 160 and I wanna call. Over 200 is too much for the crappy service and customer service. I’m still livid about that over a week of no service from the storm. I called for some sort of compensation and they said the computer calculated $7 off. I don’t know where they get their math from but I pay over 200/month, that’s 50/week. How they got 7 dollars for a 1/4 month of no service is unbelievably. And yeah you have no options to switch except cut cord and get Verizon internet and all app services. They got you by the balls a lil bit.

I got rid of my Home phone saving $20 per Month, I use the Verizon 1G plan and use Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime & Disney Plus as my providers , Hulu to me is great, Although they now went up to $64 per month, I pay $74 per Month for the 1G