Fios Vs. Optimum

When my fiance moved out { she had the cable in her name } I got a deal for $50.00 + taxes/fees, for internet only. I stream a few channels and her netflix, is still good on my Firestick. I think its still good.. havent checked, as it bills to my CC, that I'm a bit lax at checking monthly. I just pay the balance

When my fiance moved out { she had the cable in her name } I got a deal for $50.00 + taxes/fees, for internet only. I stream a few channels and her netflix, is still good on my Firestick. I think its still good.. havent checked, as it bills to my CC, that I'm a bit lax at checking monthly. I just pay the balance
No way optimum is that rate. I had internet only it was $80 up until 2019

They are crooks. My friend who lives in a complex just like me lent me his bill. He is paying $92.50 per month for cable internet and phone. My bill is $150 per month for same service. I call optimum and ask why are bills so different in price? They tell me " sir everyone is different" wtf,? They suck.
Joey,
WADR you made a mistake. It was accomplishing nothing to ask why your bill is higher than someone else; what you want is your bill to be lowered to what some else with same service pays.
This is dome by me by calling their customer service number and entering the code # for cancel. When the rep picks up you tell them that you can no longer pay what you are paying and you need to pay your friends rate (make sure it is truly the same service). They will try to meet you half way (at least Sirius, optimum, petro oil did — you get the idea) but just say "I need a better rate". They will give you a better rate. Be pleasant, but firm in your request.

I don't know if this works in Crookhaven, I mean Brookhaven, where for some reason (I'm told) there's only one cable supplier.

It also doesn't work where there is limited competition such as PSEG, your local water company, and as you may be familiar with, the USPS, etc. Also, doesn't work right now with buying/leasing a new car or a car rental at the airport (so put off immediate gratification and wait to next year — trust me, the chip shortage, actually a backlog, is real and will work it's way out over time ).

Almost everything in life is negotiable.

No way optimum is that rate. I had internet only it was $80 up until 2019
He said "$50.00 + taxes/fees, for internet only" which may equal $80. When I negotiate (whether it is buying a car, cable, refrigerator, etc) I ask for the total amount I have to pay for the product. For example, when I buy a car I say "give me the amount I need to give you on the check and I drive away with the car. "

When I call to complain or try to get a lower bill all they do is offer me more channels. Lol I don't need 10 HBO's or Spanish speaking channels( no offense I just don't understand or speak Spanish). Most channels I have I don't even watch.
The answer to their offering additional channels is to say "I don't need more features and channels — I need a lower rate, can I speak to your manager"

Joey,
WADR you made a mistake. It was accomplishing nothing to ask why your bill is higher than someone else; what you want is your bill to be lowered to what some else with same service pays.
This is dome by me by calling their customer service number and entering the code # for cancel. When the rep picks up you tell them that you can no longer pay what you are paying and you need to pay your friends rate (make sure it is truly the same service). They will try to meet you half way (at least Sirius, optimum, petro oil did — you get the idea) but just say "I need a better rate". They will give you a better rate. Be pleasant, but firm in your request.

I don't know if this works in Crookhaven, I mean Brookhaven, where for some reason (I'm told) there's only one cable supplier.

It also doesn't work where there is limited competition such as PSEG, your local water company, and as you may be familiar with, the USPS, etc. Also, doesn't work right now with buying/leasing a new car or a car rental at the airport (so put off immediate gratification and wait to next year — trust me, the chip shortage, actually a backlog, is real and will work it's way out over time ).

Almost everything in life is negotiable.
I've done all that before.calked retention department ,say I am leaving yada yada nothing works anymore.especially when they know I can't get anything else where I live. They got me by the balls.Until I move.

I know of no words that can express my thoughts today about Optimum
They SUCK
MOTHER @UCKERS

spent 50 minutes on phone with retention today.. The rep was able to keep my bill the same without affecting service. He repeatedly confirmed this. I confirmed this. 2 hours later I receive an E mail confirming something completely different then our discussions.

A call back was met with apologetic ears and a promise to revise. After 20 minutes on phone, I was disconnected.

A 3rd call was met with an English as first language speaking rep who promised to address via an Email up the food chain … awaiting a call back..

YEA- probably have a better chance of free sex for the rest of my life with a provider of choice

Stay tuned

They SUCK
MOTHER @UCKERS

spent 50 minutes on phone with retention today.. The rep was able to keep my bill the same without affecting service. He repeatedly confirmed this. I confirmed this. 2 hours later I receive an E mail confirming something completely different then our discussions.

A call back was met with apologetic ears and a promise to revise. After 20 minutes on phone, I was disconnected.

A 3rd call was met with an English as first language speaking rep who promised to address via an Email up the food chain … awaiting a call back..

YEA- probably have a better chance of free sex for the rest of my life with a provider of choice

Stay tuned
Damn i remember they had the triple play for me for like 4 years. Then they gave me starz and cinemax free but they bumped my bill up smh. Glad i got rid of em.

They SUCK
MOTHER @UCKERS

Stay tuned
Yeah that's true...no way the call you back.

They SUCK
MOTHER @UCKERS

Stay tuned
Seriously, you’re better off just getting the Fios internet only 300/300 for whatever they’re offering it for now. Use your own gigabit router . That will save you an extra $15 a month. Because the speed is ALWAYS 300/300 . And it never slows down.

That is if you don’t live in the town of Brookhaven. If that’s the case you’re just fucked. In case you’ve already mentioned that, sorry. I’m not gonna rummage through pages of Fios vs optimum when I Know that Fios kills optimum in the first place.

Every so often I gotta revisit this thread

Optimum- I hate these morherfuckers with every ounce of my being. Lies, misinformation, double talk…

The customer service agents, retention agents, speak very little English and imho are trained to make my veins pop.

My bill mysteriously went up by 20% this month- After speaking to some stupid fucker I was transferred to retention department where I threatened to cancel.The other moron went on to explain that my promotion expired.. I went through this three months ago but was now told this was another promotion expiring After insulting my intelligence again , the moron offered me a 10% increase for a year..

Lost patience
Threw in the towel

I really hate this company

Every so often I gotta revisit this thread

Optimum- I hate these morherfuckers with every ounce of my being. Lies, misinformation, double talk…

The customer service agents, retention agents, speak very little English and imho are trained to make my veins pop.

My bill mysteriously went up by 20% this month- After speaking to some stupid fucker I was transferred to retention department where I threatened to cancel.The other moron went on to explain that my promotion expired.. I went through this three months ago but was now told this was another promotion expiring After insulting my intelligence again , the moron offered me a 10% increase for a year..

Lost patience
Threw in the towel

I really hate this company
Is it possible for you to switch to verizon?