2022 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perry, you have been away forever, now posting and wondering where the Met fans are? Kind of sounds funny. We are all here. Means nothing about a fan base if they don’t post as much here.

That was a disappointing loss. Those two doubleplays were the key outs, killing what could have been typical Mets '22 rallies.

Do you think Buck should've brought in Diaz sooner since he needed the work anyway?

We have to win the next two here so that we don't let the Braves gain. I feel good about Carrasco tomorrow.

Great win Sunday. Let's hope Bassitt continues his winning form and the the bats stay hot.
That was not the third starrter we will need in the postseason. Everyone's entitled to an off night, though, and I'll take our chances with him in the mix.

At least our stop in second place was short-lived. I think we clinch with 102 wins.

The terrible ump calls continue. Gave the Cubs a couple of runs but the way we aren't hitting, it may not matter. We're back to our old ways when Jake pitches.

At least the Braves have lost their mojo and are in a slide, though I don't see it lasting long. We better start stepping up. This team looks tired.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Lead down to a half game as they continue to struggle against bad teams.

I was listening to Boomer and Gio on the way in this morning and they were ripping the Mets.

Apparently Lindor is whining that he has "hit a wall".
Hey, you're being paid $34 mil a year, the highest paid SS in the history of the game and you are the face of the franchise.
You don't hit a wall down the stretch with the Braves on your tail. You need to step it up.

Hitting can be streaky. I'm confident the bats will come back. With Guillome back, it gives Buck more options for the lineup.

The pitching is what has me worried. Contrary to current convention, I don't consider 3 earned runs a quality start unless it's a complete game. So I wasn't pleased with Jake last night. And now Peterson gets knocked out after a third of an inning, giving up 4 runs (so far).

We're a game ahead of the Braves, who are also struggling. That one game may be the difference in the final standings. At the current pace, we are on track to win 101 games. That should be enough to clinch the division. If not, we've got the wild card in the bag.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Hitting can be streaky. I'm confident the bats will come back. With Guillome back, it gives Buck more options for the lineup.

The pitching is what has me worried. Contrary to current convention, I don't consider 3 earned runs a quality start unless it's a complete game. So I wasn't pleased with Jake last night. And now Peterson gets knocked out after a third of an inning, giving up 4 runs (so far).

We're a game ahead of the Braves, who are also struggling. That one game may be the difference in the final standings. At the current pace, we are on track to win 101 games. That should be enough to clinch the division. If not, we've got the wild card in the bag.
True, they will definitely make the playoffs.
I can see both teams winning 100+ games but the team that doesn't win the division probably winds up playing the Phillies who will be tough in a three game series plus you then have to use your top two pitchers who won't be available for the beginning of the next series.

You definitely want to win the division and get some rest for Lindor and Alonzo.

We should have scored some more runs when we had those RISP. Needed some timely hits like we're used to.

Walker shouldn't have pitched the 8th with a pitch count over 90. We have to count on the bullpen in the postseason and they need the experience now.

I'll take that squeaker. It counts just the same. We missed on some solid opportunities but prevailed anyway.

Excellent 5 out save by Diaz. Guillome comes up big on that steal and shows why he's been missed. Vogelbach steps it up and homers again.

5 runs on 5 hits (and some walks). Way to maximize opportunity.

Solid start by our #3 guy. Will need him to be on point for October. Great relief work, too. I hope Peterson can be the long relief guy if it's needed in the post-season.

With Jake toiling tomorrow, no reason we can't sweep the Bucs. Only thing would make it better is if Phils can beat the Braves.

Status
Not open for further replies.