2022 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 128262

Only team i truly think would be a REAL problem is Houston. Even the Dodgers i think we can hold our own against and all the others we should be able to beat.
Mets did have some difficulties with Houston this year, I give you that.

For what they are paying him he better be.

Right now he is hot so he looks good, but he is inconsistent which is why he is not the best SS in the game, although he is in the top 5.
He's definitely top 5 and i can make a strong argument for top 3.

It ain't my money what Billionaire Steve pays him is fine by me.

billyS

Reign of Terror
He's definitely top 5 and i can make a strong argument for top 3.

It ain't my money what Billionaire Steve pays him is fine by me.
Lindor
Correa
Turner
Anderson
Bogarts

Are probably the top Five, then ranking them is subjective. Lindor had two down years prior to this one. I think Anderson is a punk but talent wise he has risen over Lindor at this point.

A poll of MLB mangers and coaches before the season had Lindor ranked 7th behind Bichette, Bogarts, Seager, Correa, Turner and Tatis.

I don't necessarily agree with those rankings but Lindors inconsistency probably played a role in his ranking.

Lindor
Correa
Turner
Anderson
Bogarts

Are probably the top Five, then ranking them is subjective. Lindor had two down years prior to this one. I think Anderson is a punk but talent wise he has risen over Lindor at this point.

A poll of MLB mangers and coaches before the season had Lindor ranked 7th behind Bichette, Bogarts, Seager, Correa, Turner and Tatis.

I don't necessarily agree with those rankings but Lindors inconsistency probably played a role in his ranking.
Last year he was adjusting 2020 wasnt bad at all. Lindor has a solid glove and his stats are very good taking away 2021.

He's been doing well not having to be the focal point. Im glad we have him.

Only 7 "pages" of Mets talk, while the Yankee thread has 58. Sure there are more Mets fans here. Anyways aside from the Dodger series Mets upcoming schedule is very favorable.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Only 7 "pages" of Mets talk, while the Yankee thread has 58. Sure there are more Mets fans here. Anyways aside from the Dodger series Mets upcoming schedule is very favorable.
According to Ron Darling the other night they have the easiest schedule in baseball based on won/loss record.
They have the Dodgers coming up and then the Braves the last series of the year.
In between that they only play teams with losing records.
The Braves have seven more games with the Phillies who have been playing better and are getting Harper back.

But like the past two games show, you have to play out the games.

Was watching some of Mets old timers day.Saw some fans there with Mets Jersey with Judges name and # on it. Guess cause Cohen was there. Wouldn't it be something if he blows the Yankee offer out if the water and he signs him!...sticking it right in Yankees ass.

Ron summed it up. "A beauty of a ballgame." It wasn't a slugfest but it did come down to a home run contest. Even more so when you consider that Nimmo saved another homer.

Would've been a heartbreaker if Jake had lost. Even worse had the Timmy Trumpet festivities gone south and Diaz blew it. Hats off to SNY for foregoing the commercial break and bringing that to the home audience.

Marte, Nimmo, Jake, Diaz, and Ottavino all deserve praise for a true team effort. LFGM

billyS

Reign of Terror
I wouldn't put much stock in that three game series. The Dodgers are on cruise control with an 18 game lead in their division and an 8 game lead over the Mets for the best record in the league.
Meanwhile Buck needs to keep his foot on the gas because the Braves are still on the Mets tail.

The Mets don't play another team with a winning record until they play the Braves the last series of the season.

They should hold on and get the second bye.
But if they falter, ouch!
Could you imagine if they had to play the Phillies in a WC match up, then getting knocked out but Wheeler and Syndarguad.

Put it in the books! A bit ugly at times and a little too close for comfort mid-game.

But Pete came through with another homer that put him back in the RBI lead for the moment and Nido heeded lightweight's warning and had a good night. Three in a row. And our dominance of the Nats continues.

LFGM

Status
Not open for further replies.