2022 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 128262

Damn bullpen sucks except for Diaz. We should be making relief deals now. Instead, we trade away a reliever that showed promise for the fat bastard because he's a fun guy.

Maybe if they played Dom everyday as DH and occasionally spell him at first, he would've returned to form.
Dom definitely lost a step. Trade value is next to nothing. Probably what you saw is what you get in terms of acquisitions. Vogelbach is the left handed DH for RH pitching and Naquin from the right against lefties. Naquin also gives you more pop, despite losing some speed and defense that Jankowski had.

Yesterday's game proved they definitely need middle relief help. Hopefully it's a "Givens" that those two guys are gone.
If I "May" add a followup, they're gone and replaced by these two solid relievers. I'm psyched that we have a deeper bullpen, as Gary just said. And he also noted that we're missing that lefty component.

Great to see Walker return to form even if he struggled through some innings. The bullpen has been solid of late and May and Givens look to be the compliment that Diaz needs. (Speaking of Diaz, how cool were those "Meds" shirts his folks were proudly sporting.)

Great to see Walker return to form even if he struggled through some innings. The bullpen has been solid of late and May and Givens look to be the compliment that Diaz needs. (Speaking of Diaz, how cool were those "Meds" shirts his folks were proudly sporting.)
Seems like any starter that gets the ball goes 5+ innings

Damn bullpen sucks except for Diaz. We should be making relief deals now. Instead, we trade away a reliever that showed promise for the fat bastard because he's a fun guy.

Maybe if they played Dom everyday as DH and occasionally spell him at first, he would've returned to form.
Vogelbach is eating his donuts and I'm eating my words. He definitely is worth his weight in gold so far. The deadline acquisitions have all been coming through.

Still wishing we had a better hitting catcher but Nido has become a premier bunter and even had some nice hits; although, with McCann reactivated, he will see less playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.