2022 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz is a beast! That is the guy you traded for 3 years ago.
Scherzer will DOMINATE tonight, that is why he gets paid what he does. He thrives in games like this.
I would predict a sweep - can you really call a two game win a sweep? - but Scherzer does give up the long ball at times and there are too many of those damn Yankee sluggers. I'm just thrilled we took the first one so I'll settle for a split if Max is not on his game.

I would predict a sweep - can you really call a two game win a sweep? - but Scherzer does give up the long ball at times and there are too many of those damn Yankee sluggers. I'm just thrilled we took the first one so I'll settle for a split if Max is not on his game.
This is a rare game where the Yankees are underdogs.

Right? Like doesn't fit their roster profile and is a slug on the base paths.
Damn bullpen sucks except for Diaz. We should be making relief deals now. Instead, we trade away a reliever that showed promise for the fat bastard because he's a fun guy.

Maybe if they played Dom everyday as DH and occasionally spell him at first, he would've returned to form.

Thought Vogelbach was going to make me eat my words. Hats off to Lugo for doing that. He should've been in there earlier.

Did you hear the announcers talking about Max buying a spread? $7K worth of steak and lobster. Guy makes $15K per pitch. He can afford it. As a Yankee fan I told the story to said, he should've bought them a luxury bus. It would've made a longer impression than some cold cuts.

Thought Vogelbach was going to make me eat my words. Hats off to Lugo for doing that. He should've been in there earlier.

Did you hear the announcers talking about Max buying a spread? $7K worth of steak and lobster. Guy makes $15K per pitch. He can afford it. As a Yankee fan I told the story to said, he should've bought them a luxury bus. It would've made a longer impression than some cold cuts.
It’s the act more than the money. He could have blown out of Hartford with any regard for the minor leaguers.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Listening to Boomer in the mornings on Wfan saying Diaz will be as good as Mariano Rivera lol...almost drove off the road.
Boomer is a dick when it comes to baseball.
He is the typical Long Island kid who grew up loving the Seaver/Carter/Hernandez type Mets when they ruled New York and was bitter when the Jeter/Rivera Dynasty took over. He never misses a chance to try to tweak Yankees fan. He lowers himself to the grammar school kid on the playground level on the topic.
Best thing to do is what I do, don't listen on mornings like today so he can't get to you.

It’s the act more than the money. He could have blown out of Hartford with any regard for the minor leaguers.
From what I've heard, it's tradition for a major leaguer to pay for the postgame spread when doing a rehab stint. So Max's springing for a top notch serving of steaks and lobsters went above and beyond what other pros usually do.

I just thought the bus comment by my Yankee friend was funny and when I calculated how much he makes per game, I realized he could easily pay for it in an inning or two.

Boomer is a dick when it comes to baseball.
He is the typical Long Island kid who grew up loving the Seaver/Carter/Hernandez type Mets when they ruled New York and was bitter when the Jeter/Rivera Dynasty took over. He never misses a chance to try to tweak Yankees fan. He lowers himself to the grammar school kid on the playground level on the topic.
Best thing to do is what I do, don't listen on mornings like today so he can't get to you.
He is unlistenable just like some others on WFAN.

MLB pipeline rated and ranked this years Draft. They put the Mets at #1, as the team that drafted best and got the most talent in this years draft. I don’t think this has ever happened where the Mets won the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.