2022 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can trust Shreve, Smith, Lugo, Ottavino, May, and Diaz. Williams, Reid-Foley, and Rodriguez (the guy they got for Miguel Castro) have stunk it up. I was shocked they traded Castro- he had a great spring training and he has potential.
The Yankees acquired the better pitcher in Castro. Rodriguez does throw strikes, so I can understand the trade. The Mets must have been badly in need of a lefty. Castro has filthy stuff but has had control issues this season. But, he has yet to give up a hit in five innings pitched while walking four and one hit by pitch.

As for Ottavino, he's seen better days and walks way too many batters. Don't trust him in a big spot, he will implode.

The Yankees acquired the better pitcher in Castro. Rodriguez does throw strikes, so I can understand the trade. The Mets must have been badly in need of a lefty. Castro has filthy stuff but has had control issues this season. But, he has yet to give up a hit in five innings pitched while walking four and one hit by pitch.

As for Ottavino, he's seen better days and walks way too many batters. Don't trust him in a big spot, he will implode.
Mets needed a lefty badly. Castro usually can’t throw strikes and walks too many. That being said, I agree, Castro is 3 years younger, makes less money and throws 98 and 99.

I would be all over the A's for Montas right now before a team like the Dodgers try and snag him.
Degrom is just such a question mark. Swing the hammer now and run away with that division.

D

Deleted member 128262

I would be all over the A's for Montas right now before a team like the Dodgers try and snag him.
Degrom is just such a question mark. Swing the hammer now and run away with that division.
Didn’t Montas get busted for PEDs a year ago?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Some claims due to lack of spider tack use.
Then why is it just the Mets getting hit?
They lead the league by a lot and they've gotten into two fights already.

Last night I heard the stat they have been hit 19 times the next closest team was 11.

D

Deleted member 128262

Then why is it just the Mets getting hit?
They lead the league by a lot and they've gotten into two fights already.

Last night I heard the stat they have been hit 19 times the next closest team was 11.
Yep they lead the NL in HBP, not a stat you’d probably want to lead in…

Yes it counts as a no hitter. But something about one pitcher doing it by himself makes it special. I guess those are the no hitters we are gonna see from now on since starters don't go deep into games anymore. Also with pitch counts. It is a no hitter but doesn't have the same feel...in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 128262

Yes it counts as a no hitter. But something about one pitcher doing it by himself makes it special. I guess those are the no hitters we are gonna see from now on since starters don't go deep into games anymore. Also with pitch counts. It is a no hitter but doesn't have the same feel...in my opinion.
Joey, I 100% in agreement about the late that was starting pitchers go these days. With all the new analytics and stats that management goes by, gone are the days of pitchers during complete games. For the Mets, if you’re not Scherzer Or a healthy deGrom, you won’t go more than five or six innings at max. However, I’ll agree with what the TV announcer said about the no-hitter and that it may be more difficult to throw a no-hitter with multiple pitchers Who are coming in at different points of the game. I think they threw over 150 pictures total.

Joey, I 100% in agreement about the late that was starting pitchers go these days. With all the new analytics and stats that management goes by, gone are the days of pitchers during complete games. For the Mets, if you’re not Scherzer Or a healthy deGrom, you won’t go more than five or six innings at max. However, I’ll agree with what the TV announcer said about the no-hitter and that it may be more difficult to throw a no-hitter with multiple pitchers Who are coming in at different points of the game. I think they threw over 150 pictures total.
Agree with them

I like what I’m seeing. Still, I’m lighting candles and staying quiet on our Mets. Too many 4-8 game leads at the All Star Break lost by the end of September.

We don’t have a great history as a front runner. Much better as a closer from 2nd or 3rd position at the break.

Here’s hoping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.