2022 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Kind of interesting that the two "spoiler" teams involved this week are the Nationals and Marlins.

When the Mets had a similar collapse in 2007, on the last day of the season the Phillies were playing the Nats and the Mets the Marlins.

This year it's reversed (and sub Braves for Phillies), Mets play the Nats, Braves the Marlins.

So maybe deGrom will fair better than Glavine.

billyS

Reign of Terror
More fun facts

Braves magic number is 1 since by virtue of the sweep they won the season series.

On June 1 the Mets had a 10.5 game lead.

Mid August a 7 game cushion

9 days ago a 2.5 game lead.

deGrom, Scherzer and Bassit were pounded for 6 homers in 14 innings and had an ERA of 6.91

D

Deleted member 128262

I’m pretty certain the Braves will clinch. Mets single admission DH tomorrow starting at 4:10. Maybe, just maybe, the Fish do us a solid and best the Braves.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Do you think it will be easier for the Mets to beat the Dodgers in a five game series as opposed to a seven?
Where you only have to win three games as opposed to four?

Plus the Dodgers might need a game to get back on track after being off five days and not playing a meaningful game in two months?
That might spot the Mets a game.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 128262

Do you think it will be easier for the Mets to beat the Dodgers in a five game series as opposed to a seven?

Plus the Dodgers might need a game to get back on track after being off five days and not playing a meaningful game in two months?

Thoughts?
They were talking about this on SNY and on WFAN at one point. I’d take the shorter series.

Assuming they get past the Padres since they have three home games and the HOF duo lined up
If you mean deGrom and Scherzer. It didn't work out last time they pitched. Yes,Atlanta is better than San Diego but still gotta play the games...we will see.No way am I a Met fan and would NEVER root for them,they should best the Padres.

Thoughts?
It all depends how the starting pitching lines up after the three game series. Would deGrom and Max have the appropriate rest? If not, I would opt for the longer series.

Thoughts?
5 games. Roid Scherzer and Degrom how Clemens and Pettitte used to do it. And we win the whole damn thing!!! :cool::)

Status
Not open for further replies.