2022 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think Scherzer is probably not right. No way he pitches that bad after the year he had.
His left side is probably still bothering him but he is not going to make excuses or sit it out. He's a throw back, you're never going to hear him bitch about an injury, he's going to take the ball and compete.

Same thing with Marte.

D

Deleted member 128262

What a disappointment…

Curious to see the injury report, if any as to who was playing injured (besides Marte). Scherzer definitely hasn’t looked right. Bassit has also been off a little.

billyS

Reign of Terror
What a disappointment…

Curious to see the injury report, if any as to who was playing injured (besides Marte). Scherzer definitely hasn’t looked right. Bassit has also been off a little.
What's Lindor's excuse? He hit .200 in the series. The face of the Franchise. He probably spent more time doing is braids and worrying how he would look on TV then preparing for the Padres.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Another note, the Mets didn't even sell out last night. That's gotta rankle Cohen.

He did his part and opened his check book and built a team to win NOW, as in 2022.

In doing so he gave contracts that were longer than they should have been to guys like Marte and Scherzer.

So since he didn't take the town away from Yankees, something that seemed a foregone conclusion in March/April does he go over the top and offer Judge $500 million and bring back deGrom and Diaz?

He's got the bucks.

Another note, the Mets didn't even sell out last night. That's gotta rankle Cohen.

He did his part and opened his check book and built a team to win NOW, as in 2022.

In doing so he gave contracts that were longer than they should have been to guys like Marte and Scherzer.

So since he didn't take the town away from Yankees, something that seemed a foregone conclusion in March/April does he go over the top and offer Judge $500 million and bring back deGrom and Diaz?

He's got the bucks.
I think Marte contract is fine. Scherzer was ofc to get him signed. I agree no excuse for these players. Only people i feel like truly showed up at the end of the year and post season is Mcneil, Diaz, Degrom. And even Escobar to a lesser extent in the end and post season. After those 4 none of the other players really did much.

He's got the bucks.
He has the bucks but you know Diaz, should be his number one priority.

Plus Showalters coming out to try and drum some BS that Musgrove was cheating. (why he waited till the 6th?)Lol he looked foolish.I guess the offensive was getting dominated and he was desperate to try some. Great regular season manager but still a bad playoff manager in my opinion.

We can say whatever you want - but 99% of players just take the most money. Ramirez of Cleveland is one of the few exceptions. I always hated that fat turd but now I look at him differently. He took less to stay.

billyS

Reign of Terror
We can say whatever you want - but 99% of players just take the most money. Ramirez of Cleveland is one of the few exceptions. I always hated that fat turd but now I look at him differently. He took less to stay.
They are also pushed by the agents to take the most money because the higher the ceiling is set then that raises the bar for everyone else.
We should just be grateful that Boras isn't Judges agent because for sure he'd wind up on Texas on 12 year $500 mil deal.

I think so too.
Especially now with their embarrassing collapse.
I don’t see it. They have way too many of their own free agents first. You never pay a player coming off a career year. Injury prone player who will be old half way through his next contract, plus, there was a rumor that Cohen mentioned , off the record, that he wouldn’t bid against the Yankees as a respect thing. Maybe that changes as you said this embarrassing collapse or if the Yanks dropped out of a possible Judge signing.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I don’t see it. They have way too many of their own free agents first. You never pay a player coming off a career year. Injury prone player who will be old half way through his next contract, plus, there was a rumor that Cohen mentioned , off the record, that he wouldn’t bid against the Yankees as a respect thing. Maybe that changes as you said this embarrassing collapse or if the Yanks dropped out of a possible Judge signing.
I hope you're right.
Btw, I totally agree with you about signing a guy coming off a career year. I was saying that last year about guys like Marcus Simione and Robbie Ray.

I hope you're right.
Btw, I totally agree with you about signing a guy coming off a career year. I was saying that last year about guys like Marcus Simione and Robbie Ray.
It may have been a career year but his numbers and all of the other stuff like his leadership, defense and base running skills have always been above average. When healthy...

If he was 3-5 years younger. I think the Yankees would give him close to what he wants.

If he does resign. He'd be the next captain.

Steinbrenner is in a tough spot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.