2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be positive but it's so hard to trust this team.
Was holding my breath with Chapman.
Which team is going to show up tomorrow?
The one that won the last five in a row and had a thirteen game winning streak?
Or the one that got swept by the Tigers and went 2-11 after the 13 game winning streak.

But it was great seeing that win today.
Agree on all points. I have never seen a Yankee team this inconsistent. It would not have surprised me if Chapman blew the save last night.

A couple of things.

1 - the addition of Rizzo makes such a difference to the line up and his defensive is stellar.
2 - seeing Seve's emotion after holding Boston at bay was priceless. Seve improves the bullpen as no starter can get through six innings.
3 - I would expect Gil and Schmidt to be demoted with German and Loaisiga being reinstated any day now.
4 - I have little faith in Chapman. Yes, he got the job done but gave up a homerun and brought the tying run to the plate. I hope they trade him in the offseason but with Britton out, that would seem unlikely.

As for Boston, they still are in the catbird seat after tonight with their remaining games against the Orioles and Nationals.

A win tonight would huge, taking sole Wild Card #1 and maintain a minimum of two games for the second spot with the Blue Jays and Rays remaining. It would be tremendous to clinch a wild card berth by the end of the Blue Jay series.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Still a lot of work to be done.

People always downplay when you beat up on bad teams but look what happens when you don't.

They would be fighting Tampa instead of Boston and Toronto if they had played better against shit teams like Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland and the Mets.

Then again if they get thru this ( not guaruteed) they do have winning records against both the White Sox and the cheating Astros.

If they were to get through this, get into the playoffs it's still a gut wrenching bunch of opponents. I can lose to the White Sox, Toronto .... or some other team - I just despise Boston, Houston and Tampa. Houston looks at the Yanks like we look at Minnesota. That's very demoralizing.

Another great game! Disappointed Taillon couldn't go further. Looks like we should not count on him. Looks like we have starters in Cole, Monty, Kluber and Cortes. Our relief is in good shape now that we have Severino and King for long middle relief. I would feel a lot better once Loaisaga comes back. Stanton is really going great. HOpefully he can keep this up for a while.

Stanton is on a monster role right now. Amazing how great he can be at times. I have NEVER seen anyone in the past 50 years scorch pitches the way he does. Just scary.

Let's hope that Cole gets it done tonight.

Not a pretty game last night. Cole has not been great his last three starts. last one before last night was OK but the one before that was a stinker ... last three starts is like 15 earned runs in 17 2/3. He had a very good regular season but he saved his stinkers at an inconvenient time. Great to see loaisaga last night - he was great. Tonight is Kluber vs Robbie Ray. Kluber has been good but Robbie Ray is Cy Young.

Not a pretty game last night. Cole has not been great his last three starts. last one before last night was OK but the one before that was a stinker ... last three starts is like 15 earned runs in 17 2/3. He had a very good regular season but he saved his stinkers at an inconvenient time. Great to see loaisaga last night - he was great. Tonight is Kluber vs Robbie Ray. Kluber has been good but Robbie Ray is Cy Young.
Last 6 starts ERA over 5.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Huge fucking win tonight!
Huge!
Robbie Ray, the Cy Young front runner was cruising along looking dominant.

Then they bash him out of the game.

Another big game for Judge with two homers and a defensive gem.

And I like what Boone did late in the game. In the 7th inning with the top of the Toronto order coming up so he brought in Severino.
Which brings me to another huge plus, Sevy's velocity is getting up there again. First two games he sat at 94, today he was up to 98.
Plus his other two pitches have been sharp.
So he goes 1-2-3, striking out Vlad Jr to finish the inning.

Great road trip 5-1 against the two teams they have to beat out for the Wild Card.

That's how you take care of business.

billyS

Reign of Terror
What was Boone thinking by pitching German and subsequently Abreu in the ninth inning last night?
I know right.
This is why I can't stand this bullshit about not pitching guys three days in a row.

This is it. Go with your best until their fucking arms fall off.

I'm thinking if they get swept by Tampa and miss the playoffs that might be better because then Boone has a better chance of getting fired.
Because even if they get into and win the Wild Card I don't see them beating Tampa in the first round.

Another thing, the lineup is really short without DJ.

What a fucking joke.
When it’s time to throw your dick on the table and fight to stay in the playoff hunt. They give up 12 runs.
Regardless of what happens Cashman should go for putting this Underachieving team together they should also fire Boone, even though it’s not all his fault
Lucky me I get to enjoy my shitty Giants team after a shit show of baseball season.

Gettleman needs to go to

Status
Not open for further replies.