2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot stove is over, spring training is here! I am a little excited at the potential with the rotation. So many possibilities if they can stay healthy. Garcia and Severino are nice pieces in back end of rotation and coming back / off injury.

With that being said, is anyone willing to share their predictions on regular season record for 2021?

I am going with 103-59

Just a gut feeling but I think this season they will absolutely MASH. Trying to stay positive that they all stay healthy. I am betting Frazier has a HUGE season. Stanton stays healthy and Hicks rebounds a bit - 280/20/80/95(runs)

I agree they will win 100+ games because like in recent years they are built for the long season beating up on bums for pitchers.But when the post season arrives bats go silent against top flight starters that pitch in the post season.

Hot stove is over, spring training is here! I am a little excited at the potential with the rotation. So many possibilities if they can stay healthy. Garcia and Severino are nice pieces in back end of rotation and coming back / off injury.

With that being said, is anyone willing to share their predictions on regular season record for 2021?

I am going with 103-59

Just a gut feeling but I think this season they will absolutely MASH. Trying to stay positive that they all stay healthy. I am betting Frazier has a HUGE season. Stanton stays healthy and Hicks rebounds a bit - 280/20/80/95(runs)
I’m thinking 95-99 wins.
No way does Stanton, Hicks or Judge stay healthy. Unfortunately The pitching is filled with question marks as well.

I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian, hope that I am wrong. 96-66. Too many question marks to their starting rotation and the inconsistencies in the offense.

I see Frazier and Stanton having big seasons.

Gleyber has to bounce back after a poor season. If he puts up 2019 numbers, the Yankees will be a force.

They may win 100 in a very weak division. They really haven't improved from last season, but maybe they didn't have to. I agree with everything Excitable said. Of coarse if Stanton stay healthy. yanks said Stanton may play the field more this season, which of coarse make him more vulnerable to an injury, but you can run from that. Plus, I am going a ways back, but when Stanton was on the Marlins, he surely was not a weak spot or a below average defensive outfielder. If anything he was a pretty good defensive player.

billyS

Reign of Terror
This thread is 8 posts in and already I feel like closing it or moving some of these posts to the Coliseum.

Maybe just stick to Yankee talk given the thread title and keep the Mets out of it?

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think we should close it. But thats me.
No I cleaned out the shit, these threads are a good diversion.
Let's just hope everyone can be an adult when they post.
Some of these posts remind me of when I was in fifth grade and we used to argue who was better, the Yankees or the Mets.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I know most Yankees fan hate Sanchez and some Mets fans here can't help taking swipes at him. I'm one of the few people who have supported him, but even that waned last October.

The main gripe I hear from you guys is that he is lazy and doesn't care. I've never agreed with that assessment.

I saw a good article today that shows that he cares and that he is willing to work to improve and save his career.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/03/...body-to-revive-his-career.html?outputType=amp

No I cleaned out the shit, these threads are a good diversion.
Let's just hope everyone can be an adult when they post.
Some of these posts remind me of when I was in fifth grade and we used to argue who was better, the Yankees or the Mets.
Thank you. I have been saying a few, or maybe one person posts like they are in the fifth grade, but I will not name names. I also think he is the same Yankee fan that used to call WFAN and go by the name Jerome..... OK, back to Sanchez.

There are articles written about every player in Spring training. Words are cheap. Also, remind me, Is Sanchez" contract up after this year? Sanchez has been easy to , as you say , take swipes at, He does play Lazy. Just watching him you notice that. Plus he what, hit under 150? or under 200 last season? I know a lot of my Yank friend, just say he is not a likable guy. They rather an above average defensive player there, as they have enough hitters.

I know most Yankees fan hate Sanchez and some Mets fans here can't help taking swipes at him. I'm one of the few people who have supported him, but even that waned last October.

The main gripe I hear from you guys is that he is lazy and doesn't care. I've never agreed with that assessment.

I saw a good article today that shows that he cares and that he is willing to work to improve and save his career.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/03/...body-to-revive-his-career.html?outputType=amp
He absolutely crushed one today over the batter's eye in dead center probably 440ft.
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30985727

I never understood people calling him fat or out of shape. I don't see fat, and I didn't last year. Out of shape, maybe, but not fat. You don't want a svelte catcher behind the plate anyway. I always said to myself I think he has ADHD, he seems to drift off and just not focus. Like he doesn't pay attention half the time because in the past his talent has always covered up that deficiency.

I am not a huge fan of Sanchez, but this is it for him. He has in my opinion half the season to figure it out or he won't be back next year. Even if he has a huge year, he goes to Arbitration in 2022, he needs to do it again in 2022 before you consider a long term contract.
He is an unrestricted free agent in 2023 at 30 years old. 3-4 years TOPS at that point.

Chirinos was Cole's personal catcher in Houston, interesting to see if he makes the team over Higgy. YES put up Cole's numbers with Sanchez and with Higgy and its so clear that something isn't clicking with Cole and Sanchez. HUGE disparity in the numbers between the two catchers catching Cole.

Taillon looked great! This guy could be HUGE if he stays healthy.

2 games played and NO Stanton, does anyone know why?

I never understood people calling him fat or out of shape. I don't see fat, and I didn't last year. Out of shape, maybe, but not fat. You don't want a svelte catcher behind the plate anyway. I always said to myself I think he has ADHD, he seems to drift off and just not focus. Like he doesn't pay attention half the time because in the past his talent has always covered up that deficiency.

I am not a huge fan of Sanchez, but this is it for him. He has in my opinion half the season to figure it out or he won't be back next year. Even if he has a huge year, he goes to Arbitration in 2022, he needs to do it again in 2022 before you consider a long term contract.
He is an unrestricted free agent in 2023 at 30 years old. 3-4 years TOPS at that point.
As I pointed out in a prior post, Sanchez was at his best when Girardi was manager. He may just need management to be more disciplined with him. He looks terrific in camp. Best shape he has ever been. The Yankees need the good Gary Sanchez to contribute this year.

billyS

Reign of Terror
SO LW makes a passive aggressive factually incorrect statement meant to demean the Yankees - I point it out and I am childish. You remove my posts and leave his. Fine. I expect this one to be removed as well. Just glad to know where I stand.
You have to stop taking LW's bait.
When he posted years ago that Jose Reyes was better than Jeter I stopped taking him seriously.
He knows how to get under your skin so put on your big boy pants and just ignore him.

I'm not going to close the Yankees thread over juvenile bullshit.

And you're wrong because I deleted his post in that sequence also.

I didn't delete the remark about the weak division because that's his opinion.
Not one that I agree with, bit also not one I'd waste my time arguing about either.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Agreed, it's far from weak.
Toronto is going to be strong, they could probably win the NL East.
Tampa always finds a way to win. They have the best coaching and scouting system in MLB. They will find replacements for Snell and Morten.
Baltimore isn't a contender but we are not going to go 17-2 against them again.
I have no idea what's going on in Boston, but regardless of how they play against the rest of the league they will always be tough on us.

You have to stop taking LW's bait.
When he posted years ago that Jose Reyes was better than Jeter I stopped taking him seriously.
He knows how to get under your skin so put on your big boy pants and just ignore him.

I'm not going to close the Yankees thread over juvenile bullshit.

And you're wrong because I deleted his post in that sequence also.

I didn't delete the remark about the weak division because that's his opinion.
Not one that I agree with, bit also not one I'd waste my time arguing about either.
OK - fair enough - He does get under my skin. But sometimes he actually believes that stuff. I have to admit though I love LW's passion. I woudl much rather watch and talk baseball with LW than talk baseball with someone who says something like "I LIKE BOTH TEAMS! YAY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.