2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Top four teams in the AL East, Tampa had the best record in the AL, the next three are in a virtual tie for the WC spots.
They have a combined 49-23 record vs the NL East for .681 winning percentage.

So are the Orioles really the worst team on baseball or are they victims of being in the strongest division?

Top four teams in the AL East, Tampa had the best record in the AL, the next three are in a virtual tie for the WC spots.

So are the Orioles really the worst team on baseball or are they victims of being in the strongest division?
The NL East leading Atlanta Braves would be in 5th place in the AL East. The AL Central has exactly one team over 500.

As for Baltimore, no doubt they're looking worse as a result of being a below average team in the best division in baseball. They're bad, but not nearly as awful as their record suggests.

You can look at the contrary. Is the AL East the best in baseball because the other teams play the Orioles 19 times a year?

The Orioles are a god awful team having two losing streaks of 14 and 18 games.

I can make the case that the AL West is nearly as good as the the AL East.

Perfect double play ball to Torres in the 8th and he *ucks that up too. Next at bat, strikeout, inning over.
Nope, next at bat 2 run home run.

I'm done with this squad no matter what going forward.

Yet again, Chad Green gives up what appeared to be a game losing home run, but was saved by a Brett Gardner bloop single that was preceded by a bold double steal before the fortunate single. Cortes was brilliant again.

There is a virtual 3-way tie right now between Boston, Toronto and NY for 2nd place in the AL East and for the two Wild Card spots. The Red Sox have the easiest strength of schedule for the rest of the season, followed by the Blue Jays and then the Yankees.

Yankees have a series remaining with both Boston and Toronto. It will be must-win games from here on out.

Toronto looks scary the way they are hitting and pitching now. To me they would be a nightmare matchup in a Wild Card game.

He would be a strong candidate for MVP except baseball’s poster boy is a cinch.
He is a strong candidate. Ohtani will win it with Vlad Guerrero Jr. coming in second. ( Vlad maybe should win it. ) Rafael Devers should be above judge also.. or right there. Jose Altuve is probably even with Judge. Judge will be in the top 5.

I despise Altuve and the Astros. They never paid a price and were rewarded for cheating by getting awards and a championship. I just wish the Yankees were good enough to beat them and Man enough to give them the ass kicking they deserve too. I wonder what Nettles, Piniella and Munson would have done. I don't think Altuve will be good enough to get into the HOF but should his numbers be there the HOF writers won't give a crap about his cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.