2020 Yankees

Just a terrible way to end the season. On their way back to the 8th seed and a trip to Tampa if they do not win the next two. They lose the tie breaker with the Blue Jays in case of a tie.

Look at post 732#
I compared him to Nettles. Why do you think thats crazy? I think Nettles was one of the most under rated defensive players at that time, and still today. But I was comparing their defense. I hate Michael Kay, but I will agree with him this time only.

I hear you.. I have posted previously that as a Mets fan, And back then when I was young, I really hated the Yanks, but I just loved Nettles and Guidry... And later, Winfield.
And remember, I, along with Kay, is only comparing the defense of the 2.

Nettles was very good ... so was Brosius. Urshella is in that class. Nettles would have had a bunch more gold gloves if it wasn't for Brooks Robinson. In My opinion - he was better than Buddy Bell who stole the Gold Glove from Nettles. - Some anti-Yankee bias in the awards had something to do with it too.

Nettles was very good ... so was Brosius. Urshella is in that class. Nettles would have had a bunch more gold gloves if it wasn't for Brooks Robinson. In My opinion - he was better than Buddy Bell who stole the Gold Glove from Nettles. - Some anti-Yankee bias in the awards had something to do with it too.
I just hate when I agree with everything Steve says.... I couldn't have said it better.

How do you take out the leagues home run leader for a pinch runner up by 2 runs?
It doesn't really matter, as long as they WIN. By the way I do not agree with removing the league HR for a pinch runner, unless there is some injury that the public is not privy to.

GO Yankees. 22 runs in 2 games.

Now let's hope this magic continues in the next round,

I don't necessarily disagree with taking Voit out there to let Wade run ... but they should have run Wade to get him in scoring position. The biggest problem I have was why didn't they take Sanchez out for defense in the 9th!!!! One passed ball and there was one that almost got past him.

Question for you guys.
You know some players become iconic players from sometimes doing one thing. Line the Aaron Boone Home run. That one homerun made him, I wont say legendary, And he wont be put into monument park, but an icon non the less.
With this season, being what it is, and like Steve said, a scam, or others said, not a real season, If say, Yanks are in the World series, or game 5 vs Tampa, and say Stanton, or a Hicks, wins it with a HR in the ninth, helping them win the World Series, with they become, this iconic figure? Or because of this season, it just wont be as big?
I know, nobody really knows, until it happens and then we have to see how people react to it, but opinions?

Question for you guys.
If say, Yanks are in the World series, or game 5 vs Tampa, and say Stanton, or a Hicks, wins it with a HR in the ninth, helping them win the World Series, with they become, this iconic figure? Or because of this season, it just wont be as big?
I know, nobody really knows, until it happens and then we have to see how people react to it, but opinions?
For sure, World Series and ALCS. - Not so for the ALDS.

We may be battling the Astros again, you never know.