2020 Yankees

I think Ford and Tauchman would probably be in the minors if they were on any other team. Career minor Leaguers for a reason. Everyone is gonna use all the excuses: weird type if season, Covid, injuries etc for this underachieving team this season.
Voit was a career minor leagurer for the Cardinals and is a beast now.

I liked Ford going into the season but he has been horrible this year.

Not ready to give up on Tauchman though on the Yankees, he's a fourth or fifth outfielder. He could play everyday on the Orioles maybe.

I would like to see Frazier play everyday for an extended period of time.

They suck right now, but before we write off some of these players, lets remember the ridiculously small sample sizes these numbers are based on. They've played like 40 games, and most players being discussed significantly less than that.

My personal rule is ... you have to look at 50 games to determine what a team is. If the Yankees had 120 games left - maybe they could straighten themselves out. They have what? two weeks? Then what?

I will admit I am enjoying watching Devei Garcia pitch, Red Thunder hit and to see who else is on teh horizon. WHat sucks is all the minor leaguers are home not playing. WHo knows who could have had a breakout season and who the Yankees could have called up.

billyS

Reign of Terror
My personal rule is ... you have to look at 50 games to determine what a team is. If the Yankees had 120 games left - maybe they could straighten themselves out. They have what? two weeks? Then what?

I will admit I am enjoying watching Devei Garcia pitch, Red Thunder hit and to see who else is on teh horizon. WHat sucks is all the minor leaguers are home not playing. WHo knows who could have had a breakout season and who the Yankees could have called up.
Agree about the Minor Leaguers. They are losing a year of development time and as far as I know their clocks are still ticking as far as when the must be added to the 40 man roster or be exposed to the Rule 5 draft.
Also guys who were added this year like Florial can only be optioned for so many years before they must be kept.

The team that won the World Series last year was 19-31 after 50 games.

Yankees turning it around against a bad Orioles team. They still need to score more runs against them though. One step at a time. Lets see how they do over what's left over the season. Their schedule is easy. Maybe they can build on this and get some confidence back.

I can't get excited over Judge and Stanton. So what if they are coming back? How long will they be here? How long will it take them to get their swings back? Are we better off without them? I certainly don't need to see Stanton flailing incompetently at pitches a foot outside the strike zone. These guys can't stay on the field at all.