2020 Yankees

Time to put a fork in the 2019 Yankees thread! Time to start a new thread with a positive vibe!

My predictions:

Cole will hopefully be a Yankee in 2020 ... BUT .... I predict he does LEAVE Houston.
Yankees will add a strong arm to their rotation .. be it Cole, Strausburg, or someone else of that quality or close.
Yankees will extend Chapman so he does not opt out.
Yankees will come to terms with Betances.
Yankees will also make DIdi a qualifying offer which he will take in hopes of having a good year so he can score a multi-year contract.
Encarnacion is bought out of his contract and let go for free agency.
EASIEST PREDICTION: Stanton does NOT opt out! Could you imagine if he did?
I think they will re-sign Gardner ... although I would let him go. Better to let a player go one year too early than one year too late.

Time to put a fork in the 2019 Yankees thread! Time to start a new thread with a positive vibe!

My predictions:

Cole will hopefully be a Yankee in 2020 ... BUT .... I predict he does LEAVE Houston.
Yankees will add a strong arm to their rotation .. be it Cole, Strausburg, or someone else of that quality or close.
Yankees will also make DIdi a qualifying offer which he will take in hopes of having a good year so he can score a multi-year contract.
I think they will re-sign Gardner ... although I would let him go. Better to let a player go one year too early than one year too late.
Steve,
You wasted no time... lol..
Stanton will NEVER opt out. This is more of a question for you guys, not a statement... Yanks will resign Betances? Isnt he NOT the same? Is he done? Injured?
Isnt Didi blocking Torres at short? I love Didi though... I hope they do resign him, I like watching him play... I agree, Gardner will not be back. Sometimes, you gotta move on...One of the 2 pitchers you mentioned obviously would be great for them, but they have still several prospects that they can trade for a big time pitcher. I think they may have to go that route.

Betances will never get a long term contract but I think he is worth making a qualifying offer to. I don't know how much it wold be for him ... but it is only one year. It would give him a chance to bounce back and get a long term contract after next year.

I don't know if Torres is a good short stop. He seemed decent this year .... but Didi is lefthanded and we really don't have much in that department. If he can be had at a reasonable price I say sign him. Many writers are saying he had a bad year. He had 61 RBI in basically half a season. That's pretty good in my book.

billyS

Reign of Terror

My predictions:

I agree 100% with everything you said!
We are off to a good start!

I couldn't imagine Stanton opting out. Not after that season and with the FA market the way it is now.

Agree with going after Strausburg when he opts out coming.

MadBum would be another guy I wouldn't mind the Yankees approaching. They need starting pitching, and even if some of his numbers are trending downwards, he's only 30 (thought he was older) and still a workhorse. Unless the years and money are crazy (looking at you Philadelphia), he could be a very interesting player to add.

My early predictions:

Didi becomes free agent and is not signed by the Yankees. Torres moves to SS. DJ to 2B.
Andujar and Frazier are traded for a boatload of prospects.
Gardner is not resigned.
Cole rebuffs the Yankees.
Hyun Jin Ru is signed as a free agent pitcher.
Romine signs a two year deal.
Betances is not signed.

Damn, I kind of agree with everything you said... Only thing is Andurar and Fraizer are prospects themselves, and them along with 2 other prospects will get you a really good starting pitcher.

Only thing is Andurar and Fraizer are prospects themselves
I see it differently, both have proven major league experience. Andujar should have been rookie of the year two years ago. Both have the potential to be solid major league players. I will add that both players stock is dramatically down.

When I mean prospects, I'm saying players who are in the farm system and are have no more than three years of professional experience.

Hmm I think the World Series is a great indicator of how much Cole and Strasburg get. Imo I think didi leaves (we can’t resign everyone) we move GLEYBER to SS and ofc Dj to second. I believe Chapman could opt out and I think the Yankees could lose him. It comes to a point where as a franchise you can’t resign every single player. But I believe we land Cole or Strasburg one or the other. We potentially bring in other vet first baseman and he’ll likely compete with Luke for the job in spring training. I think they sign a couple bull pen arms if they lose chap and dellin.

They can negotiate with Chapman so I bet they add a year onto his contract and he stays. I like Voit. Remember - he was hurt. He has a good sense of the strike zone. His OBP is always high. I say give him another chance. They always have Ford if Voit stinks up the joint. I read an article where they said they should get STanton to play 1B. Not a bad idea. Let's put it this way .. not a bad idea. That way they could open up the DH spot for Sanchez/Andujar. Stanton is not challenged talent wise .... But this putz would probably get hurt playing 1B too.

They can negotiate with Chapman so I bet they add a year onto his contract and he stays. I like Voit. Remember - he was hurt. He has a good sense of the strike zone. His OBP is always high. I say give him another chance. They always have Ford if Voit stinks up the joint. I read an article where they said they should get STanton to play 1B. Not a bad idea. Let's put it this way .. not a bad idea. That way they could open up the DH spot for Sanchez/Andujar. Stanton is not challenged talent wise .... But this putz would probably get hurt playing 1B too.
I agree, they add a year and big money so he stays. Then Yanks didnt renegotiate just gave more money with the extra year. As a closer, he would have to go for that.

I like your thought and have been saying for 2 years, Andujar would be a great DH. You have a gold glove caliber 3rd basement who hit this year. Andujar can always go there once in a while to give someone a break and let them DH.But the guy can hit. Imagine having a young stud like that only hitting everyday? He would be awesome.