2020 Yankees

Question for you guys.
You know some players become iconic players from sometimes doing one thing. Line the Aaron Boone Home run. That one homerun made him, I wont say legendary, And he wont be put into monument park, but an icon non the less.
With this season, being what it is, and like Steve said, a scam, or others said, not a real season, If say, Yanks are in the World series, or game 5 vs Tampa, and say Stanton, or a Hicks, wins it with a HR in the ninth, helping them win the World Series, with they become, this iconic figure? Or because of this season, it just wont be as big?
I know, nobody really knows, until it happens and then we have to see how people react to it, but opinions?
Has to be the ALCS or World Series Game 7. A game winning HR in that spot of a Game 7 makes a player iconic in NY.

What made Boone’s and Bucky Dent’s home runs extra memorable was that they both eliminated the hated Red Sox
Chambliss’s homer in 1976 is remembered but not as iconic because it was against the Royals.

What made Boone’s and Bucky Dent’s home runs extra memorable was that they both eliminated the hated Red Sox
Chambliss’s homer in 1976 is remembered but not as iconic because it was against the Royals.
Ok, I hear that. So then next up is Tampa, although only this year has become a rivalry, but then as you say, if something special happen VS the Astros, it would be as big as any .

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think the season and any thing like a batting title will never be valid to me, but the games themselves are real.
Wednesdays game will go down as a classic.

So if a guy comes thru in Dent/Boone/Chambliss fashion for me he will join them.

It would have to be in a big game .... so far we haven't had a big game this year. I am not sure LW. Imagine how big Soriano's homer would be if Mariano had converted that save in 2001. That was the series that got away. We should have won that one. One thing that stings more than anything was Mariano getting that double play ball and throwing it into centerfield. Make no mistake - the Yankees lost that inning, that game and that series ... Arizona did not win it. It was handed to them. That ninth inning was my worst Yankee experience BY FAR. Next would be 95.

Question for you guys.
You know some players become iconic players from sometimes doing one thing. Line the Aaron Boone Home run. That one homerun made him, I wont say legendary, And he wont be put into monument park, but an icon non the less.
With this season, being what it is, and like Steve said, a scam, or others said, not a real season, If say, Yanks are in the World series, or game 5 vs Tampa, and say Stanton, or a Hicks, wins it with a HR in the ninth, helping them win the World Series, with they become, this iconic figure? Or because of this season, it just wont be as big?
I know, nobody really knows, until it happens and then we have to see how people react to it, but opinions?
For me its more than one play that makes a player iconic.
Maybe a series.
Their front office must think the same way because they moved on from Boone to get Arod..
That said. Gio is on his way to be that guy.

For me its more than one play that makes a player iconic.
Maybe a series.
Their front office must think the same way because they moved on from Boone to get Arod..
That said. Gio is on his way to be that guy.
Boone was badly injured in the post season playing basketball, thus the A-Rod signing. Boone never played another game for the Yankees.

Texas couldn't afford him anymore.
Texas had no trouble affording him. He was just named Team Captain that off season no less. The owner knew that they were in a rebuilding mode, so an asset like A-Rod was going to waste in Arlington. The owner asked A-Rod if he was on board for that, and A-Rod gave the indication he would prefer to move elsewhere if possible.

Wow! Stanton finally got his Yankee moment. Took 3 years. It was not looking good all game. Yankees had MANY chances to blow this game out and they simply could not get it done. I was waiting fro one of these no name Rays to hit a three run bomb. Let's see if Garcia can pitch well tonight.

Wow! Stanton finally got his Yankee moment. Took 3 years. It was not looking good all game. Yankees had MANY chances to blow this game out and they simply could not get it done. I was waiting fro one of these no name Rays to hit a three run bomb. Let's see if Garcia can pitch well tonight.
Stantons , not that it matters , was a wind aided HR. After the game, he said he thought it was going to be a deep Sac fly.
As Steve said though, good for him.

Home run us a home run.As long as it clears the wall , that's all that matters.Plus it blew the game open for Yanks.Big hit.
Oh, I agree 110% Even though Yanks were up by 2, Tampa, knows they could have rallied in the 9th, but after Stantons blast, took all the wind out of them. So, agreed, it was a big shot.

Texas had no trouble affording him. He was just named Team Captain that off season no less. The owner knew that they were in a rebuilding mode, so an asset like A-Rod was going to waste in Arlington. The owner asked A-Rod if he was on board for that, and A-Rod gave the indication he would prefer to move elsewhere if possible.
Not to mention that Texas paid an enormous amount of salary while he was a Yankee.