2020 Yankees

billyS

Reign of Terror
Chapman gives a homer to kill the season two years in a row now.
He can't blame this one on cheating.
Even more embarrassing is that it's the guy he threw over his head during the season so Broussad or whatever the fuck his name is gets the last laugh.

This team has no guts. They will never win a Championship. They will be entertaining all season, beat up on lousy pitching and make the playoffs but will never make it to the World Series. They don't have what it takes.

They are gutless.

No offense killed them tonight.Cole to Britton to Chapman us how they wanted it drawn up but Geeze can they get a rally every now and then...maybe string some hits together! They were swinging out if their shoes when all they needed was a base hit it 2 .Bronx Bombers? True they did Bomb!!

I was pissed Chapman gave up the last HR again, but in all fairness he had the dude struck out a couple of pitches earlier but the ump didn't call it - can't really blame anyone other than the offense if you lose 2-1. Again though, just goes to show how German fucked us by beating on his chick - this series shouldn't have even gone 5 games.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I was pissed Chapman gave up the last HR again, but in all fairness he had the dude struck out a couple of pitches earlier but the ump didn't call it.
No that pitch missed. I thought it was a strike too in real time. But on replay it missed inside. This ump was generous up and down but tight left and right.

However the Rays were getting those calls all series in their favor, their pitchers getting the strikes and the hitters getting balls.
A couple of times it really turned an at bar around, I remember one time on Voit it killed his at bat.

But bottom line I'm not going to blame the umps. It comes down to the players and if they are winners or not. If they have any guts.

I would try hard to trade Chapman over the winter. Britton is a better closer and his style of pitching doesn't yield the long ball.
Don't forget the Cubs bailed him out after he gave up that three run homer to Raji Davis in game seven of the 2016 World Series.

No sorry, Chapman is a loser. Plus is showboating, the staring down shit just makes teams hate him more and work that much harder to beat him.

The Cubs won that year in spite of Chapman. For as great as he can be, he sure does give up a lot of HRs in big spots. I was worried about him pitching in a tie game there.

Agree with Billy's general sentiments. The offense lost it for us tonight, which is a damn shame given that pitching had been a real weakness for this team throughout the year.

There's a lot of decisions to be made about players (Gardner? Trade Sanchez? Chapman?) but I'm curious to see what happens with Boone. He's made some really bad decisions throughout this season, and his teams have continued to fall short in the playoffs. Would we have had worse results keeping Girardi these past three years??

Give credit to Tampa. These aren't your father's (Devil) Rays. They beat us all year and won fair and square. A team to be reckoned with in the AL East going forward. I'll be rooting for them in the ALCS.

Tampa was the better team top to bottom. If the yanks did win last night, they wouldn't have made it through the next round.

They need a legit catcher.
Realmuto is a free agent. so maybe him.
Trade Sanchez if anyone wants him.
Trade Angular while he has value.
See ya to Happ, Gardy and Tanaka.
Not sure if I'd resign Paxton or if he wants to stay.
And for god sakes, lock up Dj.

MY THOUGHTS:

1. Cole stepped up.

2. The hitters wilted under the spotlight. You telling me NONE of these guys could hit any of the FOUR Tampa pitchers??? Yeah - one guy may dominate and be hard to touch but ALL FOUR ARE UNHITTABLE???? The hitters spit the bit.

3. Chapman blew a series for the second year in a row. I have more faith in Britton. Make Britton the closer next year or let them share it .. but come playoff time ... Britton closes.

4. Boone SUCKS. Bad game 2 decision. He is the manager and has to take the blame even though I am sure it was an analytics BS move on part of management. ALSO .... You pinch hit Higgie with MIKE FORD?????? MIke Ford was LITERALLY 0 for September!!!!!!! I would have let Higgie hit ... keep his glove in the game too. If you are going to pinch hit ... use Frazier!!! Not Ford. Ford was awful this year and didn't have a hit since August!!!!!

5. We didn't have the pitching .... If we go through this series with a healthy Paxton and Severino .... whole different story. Losing Kahnle hurt and Ottavino sucking also hurt. These are the Yankees though and you HAVE to assume MASSIVE injuries. That's why you have to go out and sign 1 or 2 really good starters.

6. Time to maybe rethink the makeup of this team. The talent is FAR better than Tampa but we lost because the Yankees have NO BALLS! Who on this team is a big moment player? Maybe DJ and maybe Judge. I like Urshella too much - he stays and you need to sign DJ. Other than that ... everybody is available. Goodbye to Sanchez - he is just bad. Voit is OK but listen to offers. Torres? Listen to offers, Gardy is good but old and time to see about Frazier. Hicks SUCKS but asswipe Cashman gave him a 7 year contract. Listen to offers for Judge. He will demand a lot of money and e simply is not worth it. He can't stay on the field. We are stuck with Stanton. Let Tanaka go! He has been a decent #3 who was good in the playoffs. This year he wasn't - BYE! I am sure there is somebody else available who is just as good - or let a kid take a spot.

Chapman gives a homer to kill the season two years in a row now.
He can't blame this one on cheating.
Even more embarrassing is that it's the guy he threw over his head during the season so Broussad or whatever the fuck his name is gets the last laugh.

This team has no guts. They will never win a Championship. They will be entertaining all season, beat up on lousy pitching and make the playoffs but will never make it to the World Series. They don't have what it takes.

They are gutless.
100% agree.

Tampa was the better team top to bottom. If the yanks did win last night, they wouldn't have made it through the next round.

They need a legit catcher.
Realmuto is a free agent. so maybe him.
Trade Sanchez if anyone wants him.
Trade Angular while he has value.
See ya to Happ, Gardy and Tanaka.
Not sure if I'd resign Paxton or if he wants to stay.
And for god sakes, lock up Dj.
Agree with all - Absolutley goodbye to Happ. Definitely trade Andujar - he doesn't have a spot and he is bad in the field.

The biggest signing should be for DJ. I'm sure he will command a minimum of 80 million for four years, if not more.

I don't see the Yankees signing either Tanaka or Paxton, The rotation will be Cole, Schmidt, Garcia, Montgomery and some new face. Maybe Michael King.

Andujar's stock is in the gutter so look for him to be retained, I've had enough of Sanchez so if the Yankees have a shot at Reamuto ,I hope they explore it. But don't expect much for him based on what we received for Sonny Gray.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think a lot of teams will be in on Reamuto including the Mets so expect a high price tag.
I have a feeling the Yankees might pass since they have drafted three catchers in the top rounds the past years.

They need another top flight starter, not sure who would be available but soon we will start a hot stove thread once we're all done venting about this year's disappointing finish.

T
I think a lot of teams will be in on Reamuto including the Mets so expect a high price tag.
I have a feeling the Yankees might pass since they have drafted three catchers in the top rounds the past years.

They need another top flight starter, not sure who would be available but soon we will start a hot stove thread once we're all done venting about this year's disappointing finish.
Trevor Bauer seems to be trolling Yanks on twitter saying how they need another starter.

Wasn't McCan around 30 when we signed him to that 5 year deal? Without looking it up I think he had a decent first year but kinda tailed off and never lived up to that contract before getting traded.

I don't think Sanchez is broken. I don't see injuries as being the reason for his diminished play. He's very undisciplined at the plate. His defense has improved so he's now an average catcher in that regard. If I'm the Yankees, I'd be hesitant to trade him at such a low point, and instead have someone on his ass this off-season. Get a coach or someone in player development to work with him over the winter, diet and get in better shape. Get him therapy if he needs it. I just think there's too much upside to let go of him just yet.