2020 Yankees

Bottom line is I don't think Sanchez sucks, I just think he has gotten into some bad habits.
How much maturing does he need? The Yankees signed him at 16.

He has been striking out at a 40% clip this season. The last guy I want up in a big spot.

He has been horrible offensively the last three seasons. (including this one)

I said it last year, they were a better team when Austin Romine played everyday.

How much maturing does he need? The Yankees signed him at 16.

He has been striking out at a 40% clip this season. The last guy I want up in a big spot.

He has been horrible offensively the last three seasons. (including this one)

I said it last year, they were a better team when Austin Romine played everyday.
He is one that I said for years, sucks on and off the field. And Billy, I dont think the Yanks would ever have an issue spending on the right guy. Especially if Cohen is the owner next FA season, he will also go after Realmuto, so that would be interesting.
Also, Steve, I really think you will be watching the Yanks in the playoffs. Even their back ups are too good to blow it.

With last night's loss, the Yankees are tied for the 7th/8th seed with the Blue Jays. Fortunately, there isn't anyone over .500 so there is no immediate danger of not making the post season.

Sanchez has talent - you just can't do as well as he did without talent. That being said .. he is a monumental head case. That can squash talent. He needs to go to CIncinnatti or some other place where head cases can thrive ... just like Sonny Gray.

Sanchez has talent - you just can't do as well as he did without talent. That being said .. he is a monumental head case. That can squash talent. He needs to go to CIncinnatti or some other place where head cases can thrive ... just like Sonny Gray.
Unfortunately he's only part of the problem.
Most of the team sucks right now, especially our pen.
If they make the playoffs, they won't be there long.
Thank god football starts back up again.
Unfortunately my Giants will suck more than the yanks.

Thats exactly my point, I have been saying for years. I agree, you dont hit homeruns like he previously did, without something being there.

Perhaps pitchers have figured him out since his initial success.

The Yankee announcers were saying they are getting him out on high fastballs where previously he was hitting those balls hard. I don't know if that is the case ... just relaying what they said.

I don't have the answer. If the whole team was healthy - no doubt with Judge and Stanton in there every day - this is a different team. I can't recall them being this bad since 1992. At least that team was on the upswing.

My gut tells me this:

Aaron Boone is not very good.
MOST (not all) of this team is comprised of pussies who can't stay on the field.
Cashman made huge errors in giving Hicks and Severino those big contracts.
Cole is a disappointment. I am not counting him out in the future but for $300 + Mill he could step up and be at least decent.
All this bullshit about the pitching coach and the training staff was just that ... BULLSHIT. It's the players.
DO NOT GIVE JUDGE A BIG CONTRACT.
Andujar can hit.
Voit can hit.
Don't count on Urshella, Tauchman, Sanchez, Hicks or Gardner to give you any production.
I love Gardy but I think he is done.
The best thing for the Yankees would be to miss the playoffs. That would give Cashman reason to make the changes this team needs.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I agree with a lot of your points.
This team reminds me of 2013 when everyone was hurt and none of the fillins did anything. You can't count on what happened last year happening again and it didn't.

Honestly, watching a middle infield of Wade and Estrada reminded me more of Gene Michael and Horace Clarke.

I stopped watching two weeks ago but would still check in, now I won't even do that.

You're beating a dead horse with the Hicks/Severino contracts, I agreed with it at the time but I've soured on Hicks.

I agree Gardy is done. Please don't retire his number, just retire him. He had his moments but he was very good, not great. Time to play Frazier regular. Tauchman is a good 5th outfielder but he's proven he is not a regular.

I think Ford and Tauchman would probably be in the minors if they were on any other team. Career minor Leaguers for a reason. Everyone is gonna use all the excuses: weird type if season, Covid, injuries etc for this underachieving team this season.

The Yankee announcers were saying they are getting him out on high fastballs where previously he was hitting those balls hard. I don't know if that is the case ... just relaying what they said.

I don't have the answer. If the whole team was healthy - no doubt with Judge and Stanton in there every day - this is a different team. I can't recall them being this bad since 1992. At least that team was on the upswing.

My gut tells me this:

Aaron Boone is not very good.
MOST (not all) of this team is comprised of pussies who can't stay on the field.
Cashman made huge errors in giving Hicks and Severino those big contracts.
Cole is a disappointment. I am not counting him out in the future but for $300 + Mill he could step up and be at least decent.
All this bullshit about the pitching coach and the training staff was just that ... BULLSHIT. It's the players.
DO NOT GIVE JUDGE A BIG CONTRACT.
Andujar can hit.
Voit can hit.
Don't count on Urshella, Tauchman, Sanchez, Hicks or Gardner to give you any production.
I love Gardy but I think he is done.
The best thing for the Yankees would be to miss the playoffs. That would give Cashman reason to make the changes this team needs.
Great points. I will say now that I have to agree with you and Billy, when you guys kept saying that this season is a bust, and not a real season, an asterisk season etc. I agree, just not the same. It certainly also has to do with both NY teams sucking, but even when the mets beat the Yanks on Alonso's walk off, I liked it but I was more like, ok, but not a big deal. Just not the same. I watch but reall not with the same rooting interest. You guys were right about this season.

Those subs all had a career year last year.
They should have kept Didi and moved Dj to first. Voit isn't very good.
The outfield is a mess. Old man Gardy is the only one who can stay on the field and he has nothing left.
We all know about Stanton.
3rd base isn't great. Sanchez sucks. They need a quality catcher. The rotation isn't consistent in fact it isn't good.
the pen hasn't been good
Too many teams are better.
Ill still watch because I'm a fan.
The 80s teams were worse and I watched those.

You're beating a dead horse with the Hicks/Severino contracts, I agreed with it at the time but I've soured on Hicks.
So have I. If you look at his statistics from when he was with Minnesota, he really hasn't improved that much. Sure he is a solid defender but is just an average player. A .240 hitter with some pop, but far from being a star.