2016 METS

We suck when we have 3 core guys out of the lineup. The Jay Bruce acquisition has been a major bust. Wish we would have gotten a solid catcher instead. We have plenty of good outfielders now and Conforto waiting in the wings. I'm more worried about replacement pitchers. Hope things improve when the rosters expand Thurssday.

Hopefully the nagging injuries to Cespedes, Walker and Cabrera is temporary. I agree with you as I too was hoping for LuCroy (Brewers catcher) but the asking price was to high. I am thinking that anyone with the initials JB is destine for failure. Jason Bay as we all remember how well that went. Like you said we have some immediate concerns with our starting pitching. Montero pitches this evening and he hasn't shown us much the few times he has been up. Surprisingly Gsellman and Lugo have pitched well thus far. We definitely need to get DeGrom and Matz healthy. We have a great pitching if we can get to the playoffs and the future looks bright once everyone is healthy. It is important that they do everything they can to keep Cespedes from walking. Big series against the Marlins these next 4 days.

Mets are starting a push for 2017 Season Tix with a guarantee for 2016 Postseason Passes. That's optimism for you. Not only do they believe they are going to make it to the playoffs this year, they actually believe they can field a team next year.

I don't think Mets will make the playoffs. I thought at the beginning of the year that the Mets were primed for a few years of success. However ... this Mets season just provided us more proof of how delicate pitching is. The supposedly great rotation is now hurt and suspect. The lineup is not good enough to make up the difference.

Well the news this morning is that Matz has inflammation in his rotator cuff. Apparently he was/is getting shots before each game to reduce the pain. I don't know if they are shutting him down or not. No doubt if we don't see an improvement from DeGrom (last 2 starts were awful) when he returns, which by the way I believe he will be fine, then we can have problems. The reality however is that there is no team in this wild card hunt that doesn't have problems. The one thing that can benefit the Mets is that of the teams vying for a playoff spot, they have the easiest schedule in September. Now come the playoffs with a Healthy Syndergaard and DeGrom, Lugo and Colon that might be enough to get them to the National League Championship game. Matz might be a wildcard but if he could pitch we can be pretty strong. The offense has been clicking finally so IF they continue hitting like they have with the pitching staff although hampered should be good enough. I know there are IF's but they have played pretty well winning 8 of their last 10. By the way the Nationals have had their struggles and if the Mets could sweep them this week things can start to look interesting. They will have to sweep the Marlins also or at least split the remaining 2 games.

In a tragic twist of fate, the Mets dodged a bullet. Jose Fernandez, a Mets nemesis this year, was scheduled to start for the Marlins tomorrow against out Mets. But he died in a boating accident this weekend. As a result, the Marlins have cancelled their game today. It would be strange if the Mets win tomorrow's game as a result and they wind up winning the wild card by a game.

Jose Fernandez was a phenomenal pitcher and certainly had the Mets number. My heart goes out to his Mom, Grandmother and his pregnant girlfriend. From what I have read he was a good person to everyone he met and not just the Latin and Cuban communities. He loved kids and played the the game in a youthful way. The clips of him preceding the game yesterday showed this youthfulness and a side of him that few major league players exude. We shouldn't forget the two other young men whose lives also perished during this horrific accident. There families are also suffering at this time.

The Mets need to get back to playing good baseball and take these next two games from the Marlins. Fortunately, the Reds took care of the Cards last night.

Looks like they didn't dodge a bullet after all. Though the broadcast team was speculating on whether the Marlins could overcome their grief, turns out that it must have inspired them, starting with that lead-off home run. Gotta give them props for managing that

Not disgruntled .... just anti-Met! I am loving the baby bombers. I can't have the Mets winning anything ever. Plus I love Donnie!
So it must be killing you that the METS are better than the YANKEES? I am not sure what the Yankees are going to do at the end of the year to improve their team.The free agent pool isn't that vast with talent this year. What are they going to do if they can't buy themselves a championship, although that hasn't worked out so well of late. The replacement Mets on the other hand will add to their dilemma come the end of the year. They will have 8 starting pitchers with very good numbers despite their limited experience. Ah to be a METS fan!!!!

Sorry ... the Mets have a very similar record to the Yankees in a vastly inferior league. They are about the same .... but the Yankees have a far better minor league system and are on the way up. The Mets have only one starter left and he is throwing with bone spurs. The Mets are a nice little team (patronizing here) and you should enjoy any playoffs you get. However ... your team's future is kind of sketchy. If all of your starters can rebound from its myriad of injuries maybe you can be a good team next year ..... tough to tell. Last year we were all told about this fantastic rotation and how the Mets were going to dominate. What happened? And next year they are going to dominate again? Really? From the operating room?

Mets arent winning shit
One question joeyboy? Are the Yankees making the post season this year? Despite all there injuries to their starting rotation and position players the Mets find themselves in the playoff picture. Where would any team be in either league if they lost as many key players as the Mets? Time will tell how far the Mets will go this year.
Sorry ... the Mets have a very similar record to the Yankees in a vastly inferior league. They are about the same .... but the Yankees have a far better minor league system and are on the way up. The Mets have only one starter left and he is throwing with bone spurs. The Mets are a nice little team (patronizing here) and you should enjoy any playoffs you get. However ... your team's future is kind of sketchy. If all of your starters can rebound from its myriad of injuries maybe you can be a good team next year ..... tough to tell. Last year we were all told about this fantastic rotation and how the Mets were going to dominate. What happened? And next year they are going to dominate again? Really? From the operating room?
Vastly Inferior League? The American League is a more balanced league despite the Twinkie Twins - worst team in baseball. The Yankees having a better minor league than the Mets, I honestly don't know about that. Btw, in Triple A do you know who finished in the top 3 in batting average? All Mets - TJ Rivera, Nimmo and Cecchini!!! Not bad!!! Despite all these star pitching injuries they STILL have the 3RD BEST TEAM ERA in all of baseball!!! Our teams future is SKETCHY? Every National and American League team is praying that the Mets starting rotation doesn't come back healthy including the mighty Cubs. The Yankees wish they had just one of the Mets elite top 5 pitchers. Well maybe that number should be 7. Look at Gsellman and Lugo and how well they pitched. Both of these guys are pitching better than Mitchell. What Yankee pitcher is better than the Mets elite pitchers? I can understand some Yankee fans hating the Mets. The Mets are a FAR BETTER TEAM then the Yankees!!! Just listen to all the baseball experts who they think are the best teams in baseball. The Yankees team isn't mentioned, the Mets on the other hand is always mentioned!!! The Yankee fans have no choice but to bash the Mets. Everyone calls that JEALOUSY!!! IMHO and the opinions of the baseball analyst if everybody is healthy next year, I know if, the Mets will dominate.

Far from Jealous i am 46 yrs old and "spoiled" might be a better word.Yankees have won many,many, titles in my lifetime ...guess i am just used to winning.I would really hate to be a long suffering Met fan,that must suck!

Btw Those 3 met hitters werent top 3 Rivera was#5, Nimmo#6 ,and Cecchini was #20. OH and for the Yanks Austin was#6, Solano #8 and Refsnyder#11 in the minor so slooowwwwdown there!

Got my numbers from Baseball Reference.com Guess that site was wrong because it didn't have them in top 3. it had 2 players from El Paso and ! player from Reno in the top 3.