2016 METS

Baseball Player + Model/Actress, now that's a new one. :rolleyes:

Alicia Rickter is an American model and actress.
She appeared as “Laura” in the comedy Buying the Cow and in the TV series Baywatch Hawaii and The Young and the Restless. She posed nude for Playboy magazine as Miss October 1995.

I know it's just been 2 games, but Jay Bruce really disappointed today. Bases loaded was made for this guy, the majors leading RBI producer, and he failed big time. I hope New York does not prove too daunting for him. Even though Cincinnatti is a metropolitan city, it ain't New York City. The media and the fans can play havoc with a guy's head.

And speaking of a guy's head. WTF was with Robles letting Tex psyche him out. Gotta give the Yank credit for getting under the pitcher's skin there.

And while we are on pitching, it's time to shut down Matz and either let him rest his arm or get that bone spur fixed. Watching him pitch is more painful for the team and the fans than the pain he is experiencing in his elbow.

There's no crying in baseball and there's no running in golf. Plus the move from hole to hole is fairly effortless. (Much like what the members encounter here.)

Yes, Alderson even alluded to that. I'm sure the front office is not happy. And poor Terry Collins seems so tired of the questions.
But that's what you get with today's superstars. Back in the day, teams controlled the players better, much like the old movie studio contract days. Free agency changed all that.

I know it's just been 2 games, but Jay Bruce really disappointed today. Bases loaded was made for this guy, the majors leading RBI producer, and he failed big time. I hope New York does not prove too daunting for him. Even though Cincinnatti is a metropolitan city, it ain't New York City. The media and the fans can play havoc with a guy's head.
I have to make note of my latest reverse jinx. Just like some past times when I complained about Terry Collins lineups and the player comes through, Jay Bruce stepped up to the plate - literally - and came through with the game-winning HR. The Mets should put me on the payroll.

Like most of today's high priced players Cespedes is a diva and has to get his way.There is a reason why he has been on 4 teams in last 4 yrs. No way Collins is gonna bench him or anything("cutting off his nose to spite his face"). i think Collins is fired if Mets dont make the playoffs.

No way can Collins be held accountable for the Mets performance in a year where their prime hitters and most of the pitching staff have suffered injuries.
Wright, Duda, Reyes, Cespedes, Cabrera, Lagares, Ruggiano, Wheeler, Harvey all out for the year or on DL right now.

You are 100% correct , in my opinion Every season is a deja vu of a prior injury riddled season for this team
Has anyone considered holding the training staff or conditioning staff or medical staff responsible ? I believe all are accountable and should be fired immediately

I don't see how bone spurs, rotator cuff injuries, quad problems, spinal stenosis, finger ligament damage et al can be the fault of the non-playing staff. They are normal occurrences from playing sports.
It probably has more to do with the game environment than anything. Field surface, juiced baseball, bat material, road travel, schedule, etc.

Gonna get swept by Diamondbacks at home.Horrible. Have to stop pitching to Goldschmidt! and should have challenged the play that Bruce got thrown out at home other day.also probably should have pinch ran for Bruce (saying" For all i know he is faster than anyone else on the bench" is not a good answer by Collins. Also Travis d'ardaud cant catch a cold or throw out runners at all. These have nothing to do with injuries.Like I said before Collins is a goner!!

I agree that there are some moves by Collins of late that have been questionable. There have been several missed challenges recently. Don't know if that is a manager's call or front office call, so not sure that Collins can be held accountable for that. And D'Arnaud is hardly Collins' fault. Front office blew it on acquiring Lucroy. Could have had him if they gave in to the trade request, but ownership wanted to keep the prospect. When is the last time any Mets' prospect paid off with the exception of pitching. And that is slowly starting to unravel.

Hard to believe another Met is going under the knife. Not that I think we lost much in Niese, but it's still amazing to have this many players go down in one year. Maybe ownership should just send everyone home to rest up for next year and just move the Cyclones to Citifield.

Mets playing follow the leader it seems. Hot on the heels of Jay Bruce coming out of a game yesterday with leg cramps, tonight Seth Lugo came out after the fifth inning, just long enough to qualify for his first big-league win. Perhaps Mets should consider changing their theme-song from "Meet The Mets" to this: