2016 METS

Reports say Jose Reyes is finally joining the Mets on Tuesday. I'm disappointed that Wilmer Flores will be displaced. The poor guy finally comes into his own after being given a chance to be an everyday player and now he will be pushed aside based on the supposition that Reyes can bring more to the team. Wilmer has had stellar back-to-back games. A record-tying 6 hit performance Sunday followed by a clutch sac fly tonight. Sucks that a guy can get thrown away like that. :mad:
If the Mets don't want to play him everyday, they should trade him and give the poor bastard a chance elsewhere. That would be the right thing to do.

Thank goodness the Mets front office finally did the right thing They let Reyes walk away 5 years ago by not even offering him a contract To make matters worse, they got nothing for him , when , if they knew they weren't going to sign him , could have traded him They did the exact same thing with Daniel Murphy a few months ago and got Zippo
Perhaps, if Jose is even half of what he once was , he will help give the Mets the energy only he can provide Cheap as they are

Reports say Jose Reyes is finally joining the Mets on Tuesday. I'm disappointed that Wilmer Flores will be displaced. The poor guy finally comes into his own after being given a chance to be an everyday player and now he will be pushed aside based on the supposition that Reyes can bring more to the team. Wilmer has had stellar back-to-back games. A record-tying 6 hit performance Sunday followed by a clutch sac fly tonight. Sucks that a guy can get thrown away like that. :mad:
If the Mets don't want to play him everyday, they should trade him and give the poor bastard a chance elsewhere. That would be the right thing to do.
I think that Terry Collins is a lurker here, because every time I complain about something, the opposite happens.
Hey, Terry, who are you bangin' from here.

P.S. Glad to see Reyes finally hit something beside his wife.

NJSpas - I am a yankee fan ... but there are some topics I am passionate about and one of them is Jose Reyes. He is awful on many levels. If you look at it in a simple way ... he is better than a minimum wage baseball player and the Mets got a bargain on a guy who might recapture some spark. HOWEVER - He is a cancer and does not play the right way and has a bad attitude and will screw up and/or not perform or get hurt and blcok somebody else who would have done better. I said years ago ... probably in this thread that the Mets should in no way resign this guy for whatever ungodly sum he got. I was right then and I am right now. Mark my words.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Sound like a comment from a cunty Met fan. Hey every 30 years they become relevant.
On a serious note I'm a Yankee fan and thought Harvey was a scrotum but you never want to see a talented athlete have his career cut short. Terrible shame and hope he makes it back so next year I can call him a scrotum

Seems there is a new trend with ex-Met bad boys doing live "concert" appearances to take advantage of the 30th Anniversary of their last World Series win.
First, Lenny Dykstra did one to promote his new book.
Now, I just saw that Doc & Darryl are doing one, coinciding with the TV doc that is currently airing.
An intimate evening with Doc & Darryl
July 14, 2016 | 7:30PM
Starland Ballroom MAP IT
Sayreville, NJ
Tickets
Advance: $35.00 - $95.00
Event Details
All Ages to Enter, 21 & Over to Drink
Doors Open At: 7:30PM
Event Description
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the 1986 New York Mets World Series Championship. On July 14th, join us for an intimate evening with Doc Gooden & Darryl Strawberry. This one of a kind...

Seems there is a new trend with ex-Met bad boys doing live "concert" appearances to take advantage of the 30th Anniversary of their last World Series win.
First, Lenny Dykstra did one to promote his new book.
Now, I just saw that Doc & Darryl are doing one, coinciding with the TV doc that is currently airing.
An intimate evening with Doc & Darryl
July 14, 2016 | 7:30PM
Starland Ballroom MAP IT
Sayreville, NJ
Tickets
Advance: $35.00 - $95.00
Event Details
All Ages to Enter, 21 & Over to Drink
Doors Open At: 7:30PM
Event Description
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the 1986 New York Mets World Series Championship. On July 14th, join us for an intimate evening with Doc Gooden & Darryl Strawberry. This one of a kind...
Yes, does intimate mean they'll share a drink or a toke?

Regardless of the outcome of today's game, Terry Collins blew the seventh inning for the Mets. All the reporters and announcers talk about the Mets lack of timely hitting with RISP. And this inning was a perfect example. But Collins was clearly a major contributor to the problem today.

Second and third no outs. Pitcher due up. DeGrom a good hitting pitcher. Terry decides to pinch hit. Who should bat? He picks Cespedes. WTF? Why? The Rockies rightly walk him. Wasted at bat. Plus, now they have to waste a pinch runner, too. In comes Matz to run. Lagares due up. Nope. Pinch hitter again. Kelly Johnson. Ground ball forceout at home. Why didn't he put Johnson up first and then Cespedes?

Rest of inning went just as you expected. So, bases loaded with no outs and no one scored. (Sorta like wigs on his worst days.)

i agree with you 100% watched todays game.Not a Met fan but a Yankee fan(they got their own problems), as soon as I saw Cespedes come out of the dugout I knew he wasnt even gonna be able to swing the bat!Bad move by Collins there.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Regardless of the outcome of today's game, Terry Collins blew the seventh inning for the Mets. All the reporters and announcers talk about the Mets lack of timely hitting with RISP. And this inning was a perfect example. But Collins was clearly a major contributor to the problem today.

Second and third no outs. Pitcher due up. DeGrom a good hitting pitcher. Terry decides to pinch hit. Who should bat? He picks Cespedes. WTF? Why? The Rockies rightly walk him. Wasted at bat. Plus, now they have to waste a pinch runner, too. In comes Matz to run. Lagares due up. Nope. Pinch hitter again. Kelly Johnson. Ground ball forceout at home. Why didn't he put Johnson up first and then Cespedes?

Rest of inning went just as you expected. So, bases loaded with no outs and no one scored. (Sorta like wigs on his worst days.)
Man Mr. B you're killing me. You been talking to Sophia?