2016 METS

Yesterdays start by the old Dark Knight may be the worst thing to happen.... Now thats the start they will keep going back to if he has 3-4 bad ones in a row again.
Long term (look at Strassburgh) he may be better off shutting down for a month. the Nats shut him down last year and he has been amazing since

Loss to the Braves again. Bad karma when a team that scores most of its runs on homers finally breaks out and scores 3 without, only to lose on a homer. Echoing joeyboy, this is a game you shoulda won.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Hey !!!!! I thought that phrase was off limits!!! Or is it just off limits for me?
Met fans all assumed the World Series was a foregone conclusion this year. Just goes to show you that when you get to the championship you better win cause nothing is guaranteed.
That said, as a baseball fan they are more interesting to watch than the old fuckers at the Stadium, but I still won't.

I'm a Yankees fan, but root for the Mets to do well, especially since the Yankees already beat them in a world Series.

They have an exciting pitching staff, I for the life of my don't understand why Mets fans aren't pissed at the ownership more than they have shown.

Their owners put them in the predicament of not having money because of the Madoff scandal. So while the Yankees were spending money building a TV network and making a fortune and putting a lot back into the team the Mets though putting there money into a ponzi scheme was a better choice.

Regarding the Madoff scandal: From what I read, the Wilpons actually made money. But they own back the profits as part of the government's "Robin Hood" plan to recoup from the ones who profitted and give it to the ones who lost. The courts have recently lowered what the Wilpons have to pay back, so I am not sure how much they lost or even if they lost at all.

The Mets are offering a special "4 for $52" ticket offer during the July 4-6 games against the Marlins. But the seats are in the outer fringes of the "500" section. If you sit there, you might as well watch the Mets game from Yankee Stadium. I remember as a kid when seats were affordable, not the equivalent of a ticket to the opera.
As much as we have advanced technologically, we've taken some giant steps backwards in other areas. Yes, don't even get me started on the demise of ten dollar blowjobs.

The Mets are offering a special "4 for $52" ticket offer during the July 4-6 games against the Marlins. But the seats are in the outer fringes of the "500" section. If you sit there, you might as well watch the Mets game from Yankee Stadium. I remember as a kid when seats were affordable, not the equivalent of a ticket to the opera.
As much as we have advanced technologically, we've taken some giant steps backwards in other areas. Yes, don't even get me started on the demise of ten dollar blowjobs.
I remember going to games as a kid in the mid 70s and sitting in mezzanine for $2.75 each. Ah, the good old days.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
I hate to say this but I go back to the old stadium days, yes the original yammer stadium, where bleachers were 50 cents, grandstands were 1.25, and box seats were all 5 bucks, even on the rail next to the dugout.
I want to say the hot dogs were a buck but I'm not sure. Bag of shelled peanuts 25 cents.
Goddam I'm old.