2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaney came through. I did trash him ... but he is still has to exit the rotation. We have 6 starters with him in the rotation now that Monty and Cole are back. That being said ... Kluber is the closest to coming back and they said that he is going to have 2 or 3 more rehab starts. So these guys have more time to prove themselves. It's going to be tough taking Gil or Cortes out of the rotation.

The things he said were pretty selfish. Shut your fucking mouth and don't mess with the good karma thats building. EVERYONE is contributing, it's not about only you. "I've done great things for this organization" wtf bro, you had a good half a season in 2020. You have been hurt just as much as you've played. Fucking delusional, like he's the next coming of Donnie Baseball.

Be ready when called upon and do your job. Pretty simple. Its the cumulative 26, not the 1.
I think that remark sealed his fate for next year. It seems like a no brainer that the Yankees sign Rizzo, but he wanted 130K for a five year extension from the Cubs this year which ended the negotiations.I’m sure Boston and others will aggressively pursue him, driving up his price.

Heaney came through. I did trash him ... but he is still has to exit the rotation. We have 6 starters with him in the rotation now that Monty and Cole are back. That being said ... Kluber is the closest to coming back and they said that he is going to have 2 or 3 more rehab starts. So these guys have more time to prove themselves. It's going to be tough taking Gil or Cortes out of the rotation.
German appears to be ready to return by the weekend.

130 mill, 5 years ... nope. but maybe he wanted out of Chicago and just gave them a big number. He is good. maybe 4 years for $80 mill? Plus we have no idea about the Yankees budget. I like Vit a lot but he just can't stay on the field. If RIzzo wants a big number we still have Voit under control for like 2 more years and he will be very cheap. If healthy - Voit is a very good player.

billyS

Reign of Terror
130 mill, 5 years ... nope. but maybe he wanted out of Chicago and just gave them a big number. He is good. maybe 4 years for $80 mill? Plus we have no idea about the Yankees budget. I like Vit a lot but he just can't stay on the field. If RIzzo wants a big number we still have Voit under control for like 2 more years and he will be very cheap. If healthy - Voit is a very good player.
But Rizzo is more valuable because of his glove.
Not to mention he is a team guy who knows how to win.
And he gives the lineup better balance.

I hope Voit mashes the rest of the way to increase his trade value.

But Rizzo is more valuable because of his glove.
Not to mention he is a team guy who knows how to win.
And he gives the lineup better balance.

I hope Voit mashes the rest of the way to increase his trade value.
The play he made to end last night’s game is an example. Velasquez, who has been really good lately, made a great play but the way Rizzo positioned himself to field the throw demonstrates how his defensive prowess saves games.

I like that offer, would he take it? Don't forget about Freeman, who is a FA.

That is the number I was thinking as well. Maybe 5 years - 110 million?

Just when I thought we were going to get a laugher Taillon implodes. He has no stamina.
This may pose a problem in the weeks ahead. Because he has missed so many years, he may have his innings limited as he heads into September. To date, he's thrown 123 innings. With 40 games remaining, my guess is that he will have 8 starts. If he averages 6 innings per start, which may be high, that gives him 171 innings which is probably near the Yankees comfort level. For a guy who has had 2 TJs and testicular cancer, he has had a tremendous year and has been critical to the Yankees surge. He is 7-0 since June 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.