2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Hey, the White Sox have this highly touted bullpen and we destroyed it.

Today they couldn't beat the shit we pulled out of the garbage.

The Yankees are a better team than the Sox but they're in the playoffs and we have a lot of work to do just to get to a play-in game.

Side note, looks like we won the Tauchman trade

Here comes Donny Downer, but holy hell Gallo strikes out a lot, too much! More than Stanton, not sure that was even possible.

1-15 with RISP and 16k's! That won't play out well in the stretch next month, or in the playoffs.

This team is such a mind fuck to figure out and predict. Take 5 of 6 from Blanco Sox, could have been all six. But look so fugly doing it.

Its a perplexing squad, they remind me of the 1985 team.

The contributions from Gil, Odor, Wade, Rizzo, Allen, Brantly, Peralta, Holmes have kept the Yanks hanging on a thread. Hopefully we can get the rotation whole and the return of Torres, Gil, and Sanchez sooner than later.

Here comes Donny Downer, but holy hell Gallo strikes out a lot, too much! More than Stanton, not sure that was even possible.

1-15 with RISP and 16k's! That won't play out well in the stretch next month, or in the playoffs.

This team is such a mind fuck to figure out and predict. Take 5 of 6 from Blanco Sox, could have been all six. But look so fugly doing it.

Its a perplexing squad, they remind me of the 1985 team.
I went to a whole bunch of games that year! That was one of my favorite teams. Great lineup Rickey, Willie, Donny, Winfield, Baylor. Good lineup. 97 wins. If we just had a better back end of the rotation, we would have won the division. Ed Whitson!

So .... Britton has been bad lately and really should have been avoided in late inning pressure situations. Even Britton knew it. On Saturday before the game he goes up to Boone. He tells Boone essentially "I suck - don't put me in any save situations." What does Boone do? Puts him in a save situation! What happens? He blows the save! Surprised????? TIme for a change.

I went to a whole bunch of games that year! That was one of my favorite teams. Great lineup Rickey, Willie, Donny, Winfield, Baylor. Good lineup. 97 wins. If we just had a better back end of the rotation, we would have won the division. Ed Whitson!
Henderson had 80 stolen bases that year, great team that just ran out of games.

Toronto was stacked offensively, plus they had Stieb, Key, Alexander ( I think he won 18 games that year) with Henke in the bullpen.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Good thing about working from home I can turn the game on in my "office".

I saw the bottom of the 6th when they leave the bases loaded but then Boston does the same in the top of the 7th.

Unfortunately, now under these new pussy rules Loisiga probably won't pitch the rest of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.