2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tends to have those Melido Perez moments. Pitching great, cruising, then always one bad inning and the wheels kind of come loose. I/m not saying he is as bad as Perez was, but at time Perez looked great.

Taillon has been great, where are we without him the last 6 week?

When you look back at spring training, we thought we had an abundance of starting pitching. Come early August, Taillon was the last man standing. Our rotation was Taillon, Cortes, Heaney, Gil, Bullpen game.

Fortunately, Cole ( the rest may be a blessing) and Monty are back replacing Bullpen game and Heaney. Maybe Heaney gets another start and they continue with the six man rotation? Or German replaces Heaney? I can see that scenario if everyone is pitching well.

He tends to have those Melido Perez moments. Pitching great, cruising, then always one bad inning and the wheels kind of come loose. I/m not saying he is as bad as Perez was, but at time Perez looked great.

Taillon has been great, where are we without him the last 6 week?
Wow! Melido Perez!! That's a guy I haven't thought of in a long time! I looked him up. He had a great year in 92 when we were still bad. 247 innings and a 2.87 ERA! I didn't remember that he was on the 95 team also.

Can't take Cortes out of the rotation, too valuable.

German had a setback, so looks like Heaney is here for a bit longer. Maybe his balls dropped after that last start and he thrives.
Cortes has been amazing. I was not on the initial bandwagon because of his inability to get deep into games, but I am now. He appears to be getting stronger.

Yes, terrific job by Heaney however I downgraded the performance due to the lackluster Red Sox offense. Let's see what happens tomorrow if he can repeat that effort. I would bet that Sano will hit one out.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Cortes has been amazing. I was not on the initial bandwagon because of his inability to get deep into games, but I am now. He appears to be getting stronger.

Yes, terrific job by Heaney however I downgraded the performance due to the lackluster Red Sox offense. Let's see what happens tomorrow if he can repeat that effort. I would bet that Sano will hit one out.
Gil is supposed to go tomorrow if the game is played.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Wow! Melido Perez!! That's a guy I haven't thought of in a long time! I looked him up. He had a great year in 92 when we were still bad. 247 innings and a 2.87 ERA! I didn't remember that he was on the 95 team also.
Except for win/loss his other stats were as good as Clemens who won the Cy Young that year.
The problem was he fucked up his elbow throwing so many split finger fastballs.
He was never the same. Pretty sure he was on the roster all of 1996 but never made it off the disabled list.

Except for win/loss his other stats were as good as Clemens who won the Cy Young that year.
The problem was he fucked up his elbow throwing so many split finger fastballs.
He was never the same. Pretty sure he was on the roster all of 1996 but never made it off the disabled list.
He wasn't bad, he would be cruising along and just always seem to have 1 bad inning.
His brother Pasqual, who had the affinity for the nose candy, was better. He pitched for the Expos and Braves if I recall. May have even been on the Yanks in the early 90s. But I think was always hurt or suspended. I can't remember, too much catnip over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.