2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching White Sox / Rays on TBS. Not saying this because I am a fan, but watching the Rays, I don't get how they do what they do. Right now I think Yanks are better.( Obviously the records say otherwise)

billyS

Reign of Terror
This is why Rizzo won't sign here. No way us he going to be a platoon player. And he shouldn't. I think Rizzo should be at 1b. Better defensively too.
If they sign Rizzo it wouldn't be to platoon.
Voit would be gone, especially now that he is raising his trade value.
And I'm sure that would come up in contract negotiations.

Britton might be addition by subtraction, he was a luxury when pitching well.

Gallo and Judge made 2 great catches in the 2nd and 3rd inning.

Gio made a rehab start, Torres possibly makes one by the weekend. Can't send this Velasquez kid down, hope he stays.

Gil should definitely head out west, could he take Brittons spot on roster if they still have a fascination with Heaney?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Interesting this week we have the top two teams in the AL East playing the top two in the NL East as the Rays start a series with the Phillies.
What makes it more interesting is that 3 of the four teams are hot.
Only the Phillies at 4-6 over their last 10 are struggling.

BY the way ..... Voit in this past week or so is hitting 500, was voted AL player of the week and has been a literal animal in the box. Rizzo has missed time due to covid and has not been hitting since he got back. I stand by my call for Voit to play. The problem with Voit is his ablity to stay healthy. HOWEVER ... when he is healthy he is a better hitter than Rizzo. When he is healthy ... HOT .... and just voted player of the week while Rizzo is like what 1 for 14 to me it is an easy choice as to who should be playing. Turns out Boone decides to play Rizzo. Rizzo played and went 0-5. At least once Voit got in he worked a walk and scored a run. If we were going into a brand new season I may pick Rizzo over Voit ... but going into the home stretch where one player is healthy, Hot as fire and the other is 1-14 and looking awful ..... I am going with Voit. Again .... Voit should play tonight. The point is moot once we get to use the DH ... but in these NL games without a DH , I say you go with the hot hand. Next series it may be Rizzo. NOBODY was as hot as Voit going into this series...... nobody.

When Gio is recalled, what happens to Odor who has not looked good offensively the past few weeks?

I’m playing Velasquez until he proves he doesn’t belong. He is a much better defender than Torres.
When Gio gets back this weekend, Davis is gone. That is natural move.

If German comes back, do you move Abreu back to minors, or sack German for rest of the year and Hope Kluber comes back and stays healthy. If Kluber can stay healthy I think Heaney goes. SO then its a question of either Abreu or German.

When Torres comes back, who is going? It's either Velazquez, Wade, or Odor. Unless there is another injury, and there always is an injury. Maybe you could include Rodriguez in with those 3. But not the time to be sacrificing bullpen depth when your pen has been used a lot.

So its going to be Velazquez most likely.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think Abreu has earned his keep.
Next week rosters expand to 28.

I always liked when they expanded to 40.
It was always that way but the last few years there was a growing sentiment against it mainly because some teams abused the pitching changes

But honestly I think behind the scenes the cheap mid west teams didn't like it because they can't afford to have that many people on the major league roster.

BY the way ..... Voit in this past week or so is hitting 500, was voted AL player of the week and has been a literal animal in the box. Rizzo has missed time due to covid and has not been hitting since he got back. I stand by my call for Voit to play. The problem with Voit is his ablity to stay healthy. HOWEVER ... when he is healthy he is a better hitter than Rizzo. When he is healthy ... HOT .... and just voted player of the week while Rizzo is like what 1 for 14 to me it is an easy choice as to who should be playing. Turns out Boone decides to play Rizzo. Rizzo played and went 0-5. At least once Voit got in he worked a walk and scored a run. If we were going into a brand new season I may pick Rizzo over Voit ... but going into the home stretch where one player is healthy, Hot as fire and the other is 1-14 and looking awful ..... I am going with Voit. Again .... Voit should play tonight. The point is moot once we get to use the DH ... but in these NL games without a DH , I say you go with the hot hand. Next series it may be Rizzo. NOBODY was as hot as Voit going into this series...... nobody.
Voit is not playing tonight against Morton. We struggle badly against this guy. The Morton types are the reason why we got Rizzo and Gallo.

I agree with you that Rizzo has been ice cold, no doubt. Gallo is batting 180 since he became a Yankee.

Voit be in there every game in Oakland I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.