New MLB CBA

Orioles have lost 14 in a row, second time this year they have lost 14 in a row. What a joke.
New collective bargaining agreement proposed by the owners has a minimum salary cap of 100 million per team. This is so necessary to keep a competitive balance in MLB. Orioles are a joke, as are a few other MLB teams. At least teams will be forced to spend and pay good players to compete for a season.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I hear what your saying, all great points. But we can't have teams pocketing all this money from the spending teams who are taxed. If you want to put out a shity product you can't expect help from the rest of the league. But then these owners cry poverty and threaten to leave the cities they play in.

You're right, could be in for a strike. If it goes that route I will never come back, 1994 was a disgrace. To halt the season 3/4's of the way through like that was wrong. Not too mention hurt the Yankees and Expos, who were crushing their leagues. I think I even read somewhere that the strike pretty much killed baseball in Montreal.

There has to be some minimum spending, if you don't then maybe you get taxed, same way the teams that spend more do. Its a bad look for baseball when you have so many shity and mediocre teams. Realistically, theres like 10 good teams combined in both leagues.

Tampa
Boston
NY
White Sox
Astros

Brewers
Reds
Dodgers
Giants
Padres/Braves

All the other teams are hot garbage.
I'd add the A' and Toronto to the list.
Toronto because they are trying. They spent the money on Springer but he's been hurt all year and they have been trying to add pitching.
The A's are well run like Tampa and are in contention for a WC every year. But they really need a new ballpark.

I think the Mets will turn around with Cohen but they are saddled with the problems from the previous administration, like two more years of Cano.

I forgot about the A's!

If MLB does institute 180 million cap, they have to offer some leeway to the teams already over the cap. No way they can institute it and off the bat penalize the teams that are over. That would be an easy argument to win for the teams that are over. How would the Yankees shed 30 million in salary? Other teams would low ball them on offers for players they are trying to trade who carry a higher salary.

180 is the owners proposal. That number will never see the light of day. The union will counter with 260, and they will agree at 220. If MLB imposed the 180 there would be no baseball as the players would strike.