The Ladies Side of the Story - NP4P

so we have new guy #1, who is actually also a man in blue (does not know any of the old guys)...to detailed to say how we met yesterday but i like him...my typ italian guy with all the trimmings....everything I love in a man all rolled into one. we have our first date tues night.

Did you say "met yesterday"????

Enjoy... bring an umbrella.

You can never be sure.. better that I did not say "bring a raincoat"....

BTW, every morning for breakfast, I have a PB&J.... it covers all the major food groups... bread (grain), protien (peanut butter), & jelly (fruit).. the perfect food.. have fun tonite.. and its sunny now...

So.. how did the date go? Rain?
it went really good, so good ive reversed back to that insecure school girl who jumps every time the phone rings..throw in the fact that when im nervous i get extremely nervous and injury could occur;) no rain just a cool breeze night of good convo and hand holding.

To say i felt insecure would be an understatement..for 3 yrs my dates have consisted of an hr with my ability in the bedroom being the only concern. Last night i suddenly got hit with the insecurity stick. As has happened often i start to wonder who i am, everyone says be yourself but ive been "alyssa" for so long i forgot what that means.

It went well, ended well, got a had a great time txt right after i left and we talked about future plans..now im like an idiot jumping every time the phone rings...yeah dating is for the birds and is a lot more complicated when you actually care what happens...im so not cut out for all this:(

Dating is for the birds, but imagine the alternative.... and maybe you being jumpy and excited is a good thing.. maybe its a sign that you really like this guy.. maybe you are excited b/c you might see a future w him.... maybe your time in the bedroom should wait until you know him better.... maybe no guy has ever told you, but we do NOT want a woman to jump right into bed w us (ok we do, but a woman who might have a future w us).. we want a lady who will wait, and make us wait.... it has to be worth something.. it has to be something that is worhwhile.. and not just given away too quickly... just call me a romantic... but I think no matter how lousy dating must be, it is still amazingly exciting, incredibly energizing, and not to mention the newness is exhilarating... and for a man who has been with the same woman for 26 yrs, the thought of having a new partner is almost scary as hell... real scary...

Desi, one thought.. which I am sure you have already thought of.... would he be a good role model for your boys... I know .. I have already got you guys hitched.. but I have not detected any feeling like this in you previously.. why not jump to the greatest conclusion of all.. Desi is in Love.. (lust at least)... either is good... somewhere out there is one very lucky dude... a man can dream...
Good for you... and him too..

Dating is for the birds, but imagine the alternative.... and maybe you being jumpy and excited is a good thing.. maybe its a sign that you really like this guy.. maybe you are excited b/c you might see a future w him.... maybe your time in the bedroom should wait until you know him better.... maybe no guy has ever told you, but we do NOT want a woman to jump right into bed w us (ok we do, but a woman who might have a future w us).. we want a lady who will wait, and make us wait.... it has to be worth something.. it has to be something that is worhwhile.. and not just given away too quickly... just call me a romantic... but I think no matter how lousy dating must be, it is still amazingly exciting, incredibly energizing, and not to mention the newness is exhilarating... and for a man who has been with the same woman for 26 yrs, the thought of having a new partner is almost scary as hell... real scary...

Desi, one thought.. which I am sure you have already thought of.... would he be a good role model for your boys... I know .. I have already got you guys hitched.. but I have not detected any feeling like this in you previously.. why not jump to the greatest conclusion of all.. Desi is in Love.. (lust at least)... either is good... somewhere out there is one very lucky dude... a man can dream...
Good for you... and him too..
Thanks babe...and manindisguise can vouch, i am nothing like alyssa in my personal life....i would never put out on the first date unless the interest was purely sexual and in this case its not...its way to early to really no where it could go but i do know im interested enough to find out. As for my boys, again to early to even think about that but yes i do think from what i know at this point he would be a good role model but when it comes to my kids im very careful so ill wait to get to know him better first....xox

Des, good for you.. never ever put out on the first (or second) date... but on the third, you can rock his world... jk.. actually.. there is no rule, and even if there a rule, I surely would not know it.... except for reading it on this site... as I approach 50, I know less and less about dating, and can barely recall what life was like before marriage... maybe thats a good thing... where you going on your second date?

Sorry to disappoint but there wont be another date. Yesterday I drove Wolf crazy, I was worried he wouldnt call, wondered why he hadnt yet. All the typical BS us girls stress about after a 1st date. I realized that I really liked the guy. When he finally called, the smile on my face couldnt have been any bigger. I like this guy, a lot but when he asked me out for that 2nd date I did what I knew I had to do, i said no. What I wanted was to say yes but hes a great guy and im well im still "alyssa" and he deserves more than that.

Im sad, this guy gave me butterflies, when he touched me i got tingles, when he smiled at me my heart melted and when he took my hand it was like my own slice of heaven. All day yesterday I jumped every time my cell rang hoping it was him. Maybe if alyssa was my past but she is my present and its not right to keep something like that from someone your trying to build a relationship with. He is sweet, sincere, funny, smart and drop dead gorgeous but i belong to this world right now and this is the right thing to do.

So on the bright side, i know im capable of feeling but for now ill just have to enjoy the memory and a whole lot of what ifs.

Last edited:
I am not sure if you are the most Self-less secure caring woman, or just plain crazy.... to walk away from a man you obviously like... wow.. good for you.. when you decide to make a committment, I am sure it will be great.. for now, enjoy.. and just know that nothing is forever... and this guy may be back in your life when your life changes.... or when life changes you... I bet he felt bad too...

Walking away is sometimes the most difficult yet right thing to do... right for both of you..

What you need is a slighlty overweight, bald, wears glasses, 50 yr old married man who longs to touch another woman and has not done so in 26yrs.... 5'7", plenty of muscles under a layer of pudge, and humor... smart, witty, well read. .. loves smart women..

Alright forget it... I can dream can't I?