Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
UG Staff said:
That is certainly one of the future options (pay site), and as the boss said, he's waying them right now. Perhaps one of the things he is doing is seeing if it's worth the bother to do the back end work to make this a pay site using this as a yardstick?

Or maybe he's just trying to get a message across to the whiners and complainers that the don't have to stay and complain (because although he tolerated it for years, no one else moderating this place will - it's the reason I won't be much longer).

Or maybe he just wants the hookers who have been getting free business by sending people to post ads for them here and then getting business that if you don't feed the gerbils, they die and then you get no more free electricity.

I don't know which of those he's thinking (or something else entirely). What I do know is that while it was an intersting little diversion for me to be a mod here, I have come away with a fairly sizable hatred for most of teh people on both sides of this sordid "hobby" as a result, so to some extent I got an education I never wanted. At first, I thought he was harsh, a control freak, overbearing, too many rules, and a bunch of other things I don't even want to repeat. After stepping into his shoes for just little bit, I'd put him closer to Saint. but none of you will ever see that because (as I learned from him) the people in this "hobby" have one thing in common on both sides of the fence: it's the most self centered and selfish group of people which walks the planet.

This will be may last post on UG (in this capacity); I'll let the other "UG Staff" do the rest of the talking. When the rest of the boards re-open, I'll be back to posting only as "me". I hope the rest of you take this wake-up call seriously, otherswise you will get what you deserve: only boards which are commercially viable because every word on them is bought and paid for.
What did this posting have to do me mine, not quite sure. I was just trying to say that maybe people should send in some money and maybe since it was listed as "fund raiser" it usually means one shot deal, not "pay site". I am not sure what is in the future as I do not have a crystal ball in front of me.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
You can ask slinky though, I was seriously stressed out one day about it. I spoke to him on the phone telling him how I thought I was doing a terrible job and messing up his board. He replied to me, "What's the worst that will happen, it's just a whoreboard." I relaxed a bit after that. (how nice of him to lie to me so I could calm down) My biggest reason for not continuing is the lack of time.

Agree with Ozzy

"Personally, I've seen very little shit thrown at staff on the board (unless
they delete it before I've seen it)."

I too have not seen very much of this "shit" thrown at the Board.
Most I see are members flaming each other and, at times, really trigger
happy mods, throwing their power around.

I am sure the owner(s) of this board do not perform all this work and pay
all these bills just to allow us to post out of the kindness of their hearts
and souls. There is some personal reason other than to please us that
they take on this work; particularly when they wrote how privately they
have such low respect for many of us and discuss us in dispariging
ways.

If we and the women are the most selfish people on the planet, what
are the owners??? Parasites trying to live off of us???

Lets get honest here.

And if some of the moderators are women who used to service men, they
just called themselves selfish.

And many of these women hate men, understandably. So how can they
be objective in their view and moderation of male members??

UG Staff said:
c9 should know that everyone since thinks he was the best mod. The boss told us that for a while he actually did it all by himself while the boss was away. I can't even deal with doing my small share. How the fuck did you do it c9?
This is an historic occassion.

As best as I can recall, this is the first appreciative thing ever written about C9 on a whoreboard.

This is a memorable day.

Hey, UG Staff, you're not C9, are you?

I understand the Mods being pissed about all the whining and fighting on the board, but just like a few bad apples mess up the barrel, most of what is said on this board is actually fine. Inciteful honest reviews, intelligent discussions and funny comments (especially c9).

Bottom line is that there is no perfect system.
Clarence Darrow in Inherit the Wind (I think) did a monologue which explained that for every good thing there is a cost/bad thing.
You want to drive then you will have pollution.
You want to have rights when arrested, then some guilty people will go free.

If every one was polite and acted perfectly within the rules,this board would be boring and would not work. Life and this board is not black and white, most of it is grey, and some whining and bullshit is the price to be paid for an interesting life and board.

Think about it, do you want to go to a professional sports game where no referees are needed because all of the players act strictly within the rules.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
justlooking said:
This is an historic occassion.

As best as I can recall, this is the first appreciative thing ever written about C9 on a whoreboard.

This is a memorable day.

Hey, UG Staff, you're not C9, are you?
Not true, you once wrote something nice about me. I have it hanging on the refrigerator.

UG Staff said:
I'm so sorry for doubting that you were actually a hooker. That same lame BS excuse that they all give really gives you much more credibility as being just another cheap ho.

Uhhhahhahhaaaahaha. Smoke'em if you got'em.

Oh, yeah, other gals thought they were really something, go back to school, get an education, become somebody, get out of the gutter.

yeah, that is one thing they never admit to them selves, what they really were, a cheap ho.

I always knew what I was, I made it out, but I will always be what I am.

Wow, the longevity of this site is surprising.

I once ran over a possum, laid dead, or thought it was dead.
Next morning, it was gone. Like this site here. Walk away.

Yeah, walke away, renee, walk away.

I never thought I had to thank somebody for what I was, a cheap ho.

Well, thank you. Appreciation from a cheap ho.

UG Staff said:
PS If any of you had any idea about what we talk about you guys on the private staff board......... that's the only thing I'm going to miss.

Given a statement like that, why would hobbyists feel compelled to hand their hard earned money over to people who ridicule them on their own private board (behind their backs)? I find this ironic when you consider that personal messaging and exchanging ******s was forbidden to eliminate "backchanneling."

As it has been mentioned before, this is just a whoreboard. Nevertheless, it is not said enough that there are real people behind the usernames seen here. You mentioned how you feel victimized because "all [you] get is shit on," yet you will miss the private forum where you take pleasure in shitting on everyone else.

I'd be glad to give money to this board, as I've found it to be a great place for hobbyists to share reviews, but it seems difficult to justify when the management has such contempt for those who make up the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.