Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
UG Staff said:
Since several members have decided that even in the face of the Boss's announcement regarding the future of this forum that the best course of action was to try and hasten the departure of the remaining moderators, there are currently no resources availalble to moderate this forum. With no moderators, there can be no discusssions. So, like PBS, we intgerrupt the programming to bring you a nice, boring Fund Raising drive rather than let you saee what you came here for. When sufficient funds have b een raised to get the moderators to come back, our usual programming will return, In the meanwhile, please feel free to look at our advertisers postings.
What was the announcement?

i am in private section i pay for that every month by pay pal does this count or do you need more $. i like the board and i don't want to see it go. i have been a member of other boards and they suck. a message to all the lurkers don't let this board slip away.

Are there no volunteer moderators? Or is that a practical impossibility? Or is there any other reason for paying moderators? (not saying they don't deserve it...)

No, shit, i have moderated for some forums, and it is a thankless task.
All that work for free. If I was getting some kind of compensation for it, it would be better. But damn, look at me, I have a husband, three gals, and now, a legit job. Had to give it up at one of the stripper web forums.
I don't know, could you take a suggestion? Would any of you be hard up to give $5 per month? Come on, this is chicken feed.
To tell the truth, I don't post here all that much, but I do enjoy the great personalities here. And now invalided like I am, can't do much.
Oh, well, thanks for the great laughs I have had on this board, or broad.

Oh, yeah, do you remeber seeing this gal on the streets, 10 years ago?
No, you don't have any brain cells left. Good Luck.

Wtf?

JIMYDR said:
What was the announcement?
Yes, where can we see this announcement? I come back today for my daily dose of UG and zippo, all is blocked, shia.

Anyways, I'd like to see what the Boss had to say, I pay for my hobby, so I can't say I do not want to support the board.

Elm

slinkybender said:
Thank you, and goodnight?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As many of you are already aware, I have stepped back from spending the innordinate amount of time I used to moderating every section on this site by myself. A few years back, one member stepped up to the plate and helped to take over some of the duties, but eventually tired and left. A few other guys came and went, none of them really doing much to lighten the load. Recently, because of personal matters, I had no choice but to step back even more. Fortunately a group of long term UG members agreed to spilt up some of the duties and to meld into a UG Staff and share some of the weight. But today, they pretty much let me know that it was becomming too frustrating dealing with all the issues, complaints bickering and all getting nothing in return, so the time they will continue to carry on is limitted. I don't know what we are going to do, but if/when I figure it out I'll write more on this subject. In the meanwhile, I came across an interesting item and I figured here is as agood a place as any to post it:

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Mad+Bender

Please take a minute to go fill out my page.

I wouldn't mind ponying up some cash but I would like to know if it will make a difference. Would a donation of $10 - 20 per month be sufficient? How many would pay?

If for example UG needs $100K to stay open then I wonder if they can raise that type of cash. My donation therefore would be in vain.

I think that we need more info - or move to a P4P site which I would support.

thevenerablebede said:
I sent money this morning via paypal.
I would be happy to donate via Paypal but the address posted here isn't valid for Paypal. Can someone post a link or something that allows me to donate via Paypal? Thanks!

Seriously, folks, there seems to a problem with how the advertising dollars here are allocated. I have a website, but also have advertisers pay for linking to my site. I also have a link section, and they are free to link to this.
Now, there is no link section on this website.
And if I may be so bold to say, it is a trifle disorganized.
No, I belive it is time for some re-orgainization here.

But I am in the dark about how this site operates, and it is probably none of my business. It appears that all I have done, and most of you have done is to post inane stuff and other such what not. Which, in itself is all right, got to get your jollies, some where. But this is not a joke board. Now, the only thing I wish, is that I had known of this place, some time back.
I would have put out an ad and hopefully got some business from you all.

But this is where it appears, the crux of the problem is, there are not enough ladies, such as myself, supporting this board. I have gotten into my present situation in life, where I do not need to put an ad, because I am practically out of that end of the business.

But look at other boards, such as SexyDepo.com, or one for Independent Grils, based in Florida. There are forums on them, and they appear to thrive and survive just fine. And both of them have lots of advertisers.
Maybe this is the problem, maybe not.

Now, on the subject of pix. Yeah, they are all fakes. I am not putting a real pix of me on here. As far as you all are concerned, I am a fat bloated walrus sunning on the beach waiting for another fish to catch.

See ya.

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
Problem is people for some reason feel a sense of entitlement.

It'd a free board, I don't understand why anyone but advertisers are even bothering the mods to begin with.

I remember when you could post just about anything as well as ****** anyone with a link on UG. There wasn't as much non-sense or nastiness either. It was better back then and maybe it's time to just make it a pay site and be done with the problem.

I'm very disappointed with Slinky :(

I did meet with him in NYC few days ago and I paid 15 hundred for my ad/banner in advance, until July 2006, and he didn't say a word to me about his intentions that night.
He should be honest and tell me the board was going down in few days.
Lots of the people I meet comes to UG for my schedules and, now, I am stranded.
Like me, others who pays for their ads probably are feeling the same way.
I think we deserve, at least, more exposure for the time being to justify our investment on UG.
Please, make a VISIBLE board for us and do not hide our postings under "charity drive".

I heard someone discuss prepaid credit cards elsewhere. I think places like CVS have them. You pay for the amount you want, give them a birth date (obviously not your own) and viola you have a prepaid cc. I'll look into this today and see if it really is that easy. PBS is member supported but they do have goals outlined that they need to reach. It would be nice to know. I assume there is a dedicated server somewhere, hopefully in a jurisdiction that LE can't attack that needs to be maintained and upgraded from time to time, not sure if vbulletin is free or has a cost, antispyware, microsoft server costs, etc. time and effort of moderator(s).. probably the most thankless job around, tough to price out but if you assume 6-8hrs a day of moderating activities @ somewhere around $40-60 per to make it worthwhile to sustain moderators here I think you can get a sense of what is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.