Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since several members have decided that even in the face of the Boss's announcement regarding the future of this forum that the best course of action was to try and hasten the departure of the remaining moderators, there are currently no resources availalble to moderate this forum. With no moderators, there can be no discusssions. So, like PBS, we intgerrupt the programming to bring you a nice, boring Fund Raising drive rather than let you saee what you came here for. When sufficient funds have b een raised to get the moderators to come back, our usual programming will return, In the meanwhile, please feel free to look at our advertisers postings.

miss1971

<b>SILVER</b>
great idea....hope it all works out ....ug is BOOMING BIZ FOR ME!!!!.....i sent my donation this morning..let me know if theres anything else i can do to help!!!!! have a great day/night/week

Can you be specific as to how we can contribute? I would certainly make a donation if it was convenient for me to do so, and would also be interested in a pay-based specail section perhaps.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
For what it's worth, I sent in a small donation back when I first signed on. I tried two or three more times afterwards, but the link to Pay-Pal wouldn't let me use my credit card...or something to that effect.

Definitely willing to put a little $ to this fun site. Lord knows I spend enough time here during a week.

Gavy

PS ~ Please post a link to a Pay Pal like site and I will definitely contribute!

Alternate Method

I would be happy to donate, if there were some method to do so without using a credit card linked to my name. Is there some way to donate using a money order or perhaps an anonymous gift card? If so, put me down as a donor.

I sent money this morning via paypal. Also, Amy seems to have used Western Union which (I assume) was a cash transaction for those like mangaianman who are reluctant to involve their credit card. Perhaps Amy could shed some light on her method.

Let's step up folks. I sure would hate to lose this place.

Western Union allows anonymous transfers. You need to make up a sender’s name, a receiver’s name, a test question and test answer.
Then send the above, along with the transaction number to us.

I hope some lurkers, actually most lurkers will realize what a valuable tool they are about to lose if they dont ante up a few bucks.
In my 4 years here, Ive donated a few hundred. A very small price for such a valuable commodity.

thevenerablebede said:
I sent money this morning via paypal. Also, Amy seems to have used Western Union which (I assume) was a cash transaction for those like mangaianman who are reluctant to involve their credit card. Perhaps Amy could shed some light on her method.

Let's step up folks. I sure would hate to lose this place.

if you're sending under $999.00 there is no id required....grab the GREEN form
to:joe blow
test question:..'my dogs name?'....
answer:...'fido'
simple as that.....tell the attendant the receiver has no id and can be paid on the test question and answer alone.
***** ug with the details and transfer number

curious said:
Is the snail mail address still valid? (maybe Staff can put a current as of [date] on it)

Since the post where I linked to the snail mail addy (donate button) was deleted, I assume its no longer valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.