Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
UG must continue!!

Can't afford to have UG go by the wayside! It is now a part of my life and my continuing education. In simple terms for us simple mongers...at least me, just post an address where we send the$$$$$$$.

Everything has its pros and cons.
If UG becomes a pay site then it increases security but it will likely reduce the amount of posters.
If a lot of provider ads are sought, then it becomes less likely to be the straight up and honest place for reviews that it is (and other sites are not)
Maybe their could be an auction with the proceeds going to UG.
examples:
Amy could offer up a bbbj
info on getting in at sanford
a ficha bar tour by gc and pb

UG is to important to lose
We have got to put our big heads together and figure out a way

People are sooo thick.....

It ain't about the $'s.... It's about everyone who can't abide by the rules, others who complain incessantly about every trivial thing and then scream at and annoy the staff if they don't get their way. It behaviour like that, that drives all the mods away who are doing the job for free.

But I guess no one.... or very few actually read the first post the boss made last week nor the one that started this thread cause it's there in black and white.

Therein lies the problem.... Most people don't read, can't read or have no comprehension.

If it's a question of having enough moderators, and not neccessarily the money needed to finance the boards, then UG needs more moderators.

This is one idea you could consider--have UG members take a turn in moderating the boards. Of course not everyone has the time or experience of moderating, so members would just put in X amount of time a month. UG Staff could act in a supervisory role, making sure these temporary moderators were following UG rules and not their own agendas. The number of posts/join date/frequency of posts could also be taken into consideration in which member would be trusted with moderating. If members experienced what the moderators have to deal with, then hopefully they would think twice about the shit they give to the mods or what they post on the boards.

kassyS said:
It appears that all I have done, and most of you have done is to post inane stuff and other such what not. Which, in itself is all right, got to get your jollies, some where. But this is not a joke board.
That is news to me.

kassyS said:
But look at other boards, such as SexyDepo.com, or one for Independent Grils, based in Florida. There are forums on them, and they appear to thrive and survive just fine. And both of them have lots of advertisers.
Maybe this is the problem, maybe not.

No. What the problem is, is that this board was intended to be fundamentally different from boards like that. If it were like those boards, I, for one, wouldn't have wasted ten minutes here. (Wait 45 seconds to give everybody reading this time to say, "Big Fucking Shit.") The problem is that a real, genuine discussion board can't succeed financially in this context because "the ladies" find it distateful and, more important, don't see how they can make enough money from it. And maybe they're right. Certainly, the sewers that all the Amy threads turn into make you think that promotion is antithetical to intelligent discussion. And it's not at all Amy's fault. It's the guys, who seem to turn their brains off as soon as the smell a vagina in the vicinity.

So maybe UG was a noble experiment that couldn't work.

All the hoors advertising here should throw a "rent party" in a hotel suite to support ug. Give $50 blowjobs.
This is the least they can do for all the $$ they've made off this site.
Unless of course they are full of shit. Amy and miki claim to be making millions off UG. So i'm sure they wouldn't want this source of business to disappear.

fumpton - great idea. i was about to post something similar. Since the group of people made up as "UG Staff" don't want to do this for free anymore and keep this site in existence, maybe Slink should bring on people that would be interested keeping this place running (and do it for free!). I'm sure there are quite a few people on this site that qualifies for this position.

There is absolutely ZERO interesting discussion going on at the Independent Girls board. It pretty much resembles *** NY with perhaps a few more ad posts. Almost no replies to any thread and you're a pariah if you speak negatively or don't suck the ass of an advertiser there. However... it is an ecellent source for finding reasonably affordable poon.

Every board has to have some product to live off.
StripperWeb pushes members to take its courses.
Exotic Dancers has a magazine.
********** is funded by borthel owners.

What does this board got? Nothing.
It still needs a link section.

Oh, well, maybe the funding problems can be solved.
I know I can't keep my website up, if I was not making any money.

I tried to get my husband to let me advertise here, but no, he wants a more reuptable and reliable place. Now, with this recent development, it will be impossible. Oh, well, we are about to sell our agencies, anyhow.
Getting into another line of work. Well, here we go pursuing the almighty American Dream. Bigger is Better, More is Good.

Oh, yeah, my cow died last night, you all know where I could bury it?
Need some place relibale and reuptable. Thanks.

kassyS said:
I tried to get my husband to let me advertise here, but no, he wants a more reuptable and reliable place.
Therein lies another of the main problems....

because management here doesn;t cowtow to every provider who buys and ad or offers a freebie and expects special fucking treatment.... this place doesn't get its due credit.

btw... Are you married to one of the many finks at *** that constantly calls this place unreputable?

This is a fund raiser, so I do not think they are trying to make it a pay site, just a one shot deal to cover back expenses and get things going again. I am sure with all of the members if everyone sent in a MO for $20 it would help alot and for those who could send a little more, do so.

That was certainly the case in the past and perhaps now as well.... But it doesn't solve the long term problem of a steady flow of funds to take care of the mods and expenses. Think of this like the social security issue. Patches and temp fixes aren't the answer. A long term solution is inevitable or one day (perhaps this one) it won't be a simple charity drive.

You know, it is amazing. No, no it is not, any time, when people get more prosperous, and start having money, whereas, they never had any before, it is a tendency to forget, or cover up the past.
When I first met my man, his reputation was kneee high to one of the scrub rass that grows in the sidewalks over in Brooklyn.
Now, he is a successful entertainment club owner. Owns several through the city, sends my daughters to very fine schools, whatever.
Yeah, and where does he thinks he got all that money to start those off?
Yeah, off mine and other gals backs.
Wow, you call him a fink? That is the nicest term I have ever heard anybody say about him.

Well, maybe one day, I will have enough courage to leave.
Just waiting until my gals get of age. Not one minute sooner.

Damn, this day is just dragging on, wish it would be over.

kassyS said:
You know, it is amazing. No, no it is not, any time, when people get more prosperous, and start having money, whereas, they never had any before, it is a tendency to forget, or cover up the past.
When I first met my man, his reputation was kneee high to one of the scrub rass that grows in the sidewalks over in Brooklyn.
Now, he is a successful entertainment club owner. Owns several through the city, sends my daughters to very fine schools, whatever.
Yeah, and where does he thinks he got all that money to start those off?
Yeah, off mine and other gals backs.
Wow, you call him a fink? That is the nicest term I have ever heard anybody say about him.

Well, maybe one day, I will have enough courage to leave.
Just waiting until my gals get of age. Not one minute sooner.

Damn, this day is just dragging on, wish it would be over.

Wow, interesting.

kassyS said:
I tried to get my husband to let me advertise here, but no, he wants a more reuptable and reliable place. Now, with this recent development, it will be impossible.
I'm so sorry for doubting that you were actually a hooker. That same lame BS excuse that they all give really gives you much more credibility as being just another cheap ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.