Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
waynnet said:
I'd rather just turn the AV off to see the ads then click it back on as opposed to adjusting the ad blocker (it's quicker).
I won't tell you what to do, but I will suggest that turning off your firewall while hooked up to a constant online source [DSL/Cable] is not a good idea.

There are worms and virii that can search out unblocked ports [open because no hard or soft firewall is active], download themselves to your system, and install themselves all without any proactive participation on your part.

Tests have been conducted on active, clean, systems with no firewall or AV protection and the average from going online to the point where the system was found in a scan and infected was 29 seconds.

I recommend hardware firewall/router with software AV and firewall on each of the systems attached to the router.

Ozzy said:
Whats that got to do with anything...

I could just as easily say that we tricks are the reason they come here..... I don't see them allowing us to dictate how they should run their business.

It's an endless circle... kind of like the chicken and the egg.... Yet you and your girlfriends here think the world of UG revolves around anyone with a pussy.
It doesnt?

Status
Not open for further replies.