Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozzy said:
On second thought I'll tell you what....

I'll quit as mod so I can have right to disagree with Betty.
lol you can disagree with me ANYTIME....remember I have a very thick skin and this is just a discussion, nothing personal going on.

You post your views, I post mine and others do too...that's what makes this site interesting.

And if you take this away...UG will be gone in no time.

Well, if you think a privater review board is the way to go...why not do a test?

The same way Slinky is "moving the furniture" around here, he can make a new forum, just for reviews, and when someone click on it, it will be like *** or Doggie, 4 or 5 lines for free and when they click on the "dirty details" they need to pay 129 dollars for 6 months of access thru a billing company.

The rest of the board stays the same, with lurkers accessing any other boards and the basic reviews.

The girls, either can advertise heavily, with a banner and access to ANY board for a monthly fee, or they can pay just for the basic membership to get all the advertising and access to all boards, except the "dirty details".

The reviews on the "dirty details" board cannot be contested or discussed...neither the girl or the guy can add to it. The format can be similar as ***.

The banthering, contesting, spit trowing and all should be in the public section, to keep the readers entertained.

People should be able to have the mail option back on....but just be available for those who pay for a basic membership.

Simple....and it will please both sides

betty_snj said:
Ozzy,

I don't care about the "private" review board...because I already have my reputation laid out and EVERYBODY knows what I look like, what I do and etc.
Sure you care.. you made a pretty big stink in another thread as soon as I mentioned it.

Now...why should guys have to pay for access of information that they can get in other places, for free, or thru backchannel?

So then why are you insisting that the prolific posters here pay when they are the ones with most of the bc ties and access to bc boards?

You know, Slinky should really let you start with the private paid board...and I bet, in few months, you will be wanting all the lurkers back, because there will be no one to read your posts.

Why would I care how many are reading my posts? If anything I'd prefer only those who actually include themselves in conversation be allowed to view. But for the good of theboard I'm willing to allow them to pay their way in.

And since you mentioned my board a few says ago... there are no lurkers allowed there. So that kind of blows up your theory.

In one of the threads Slinky mentioned, and I think you did too, that no other board has the volume of people clicking on it like this one...yes, but all the numbers you have ARE FROM LURKERS!!!!
Well Bender is the only one who can speak of 'invisible' clicks here. I only mentioned posters since thats what *I* can see. For all we know *** has 10 million lurkers. And if there's 40,000 members here (for arguments sake, lets assume half that with multi names etc...) and one or two thousand are lurkers.... how can you say "all the numbers you have ARE FROM LURKERS!!!!"

One more thing...UG needs to attract advertisers and NOT clse the doors on them....going private, it will close the door.

But you just said you don't care about a private board and that *** and Bigdog have men only boards.... And they are provider and advertiser friendly...

You are constantly contradicting yourself.

justlooking said:
This board wasn't started to make money. It was started to fill a need for an honest coed whoreboard. You're making advertising/moneymaking too central to its mission.

Things change, and maybe money is more important to the board owners than it once was. So maybe the board will now change into something whose primary goal is to make money. I wouldn't begrudge them that, after all these years of providing the board almost as a public service. But, as far as I'm concerned, the board would then be OVER.

Ditto

Betty I have to admit..

When we both posted here a lot, about 3 or 4 years ago, my biggest beef with you was that you didnt challenge the men here and fluffed them too much. I felt like you didnt participate in the deep conversations enough

Your last few posts have been excellent. I am proud of you. ( not that you need my validation)

If UG is ever to have a SUCCESFUL private review board I'd advise it doen't go the *** route and keep it completely private AND allow discussion onthe reviews as was originally planned years ago when I and several others beta tested Allens review format.

Ozzy said:
If UG is ever to have a SUCCESFUL private review board I'd advise it doen't go the *** route and keep it completely private AND allow discussion onthe reviews as was originally planned years ago when I and several others beta tested Allens review format.
so, go for it...try to privatize...but leave the rest of the board the way it is.

People can ask for the girls, do ISO and discuss them, BEFORE actually booking them, in public.

Then, once a poster have a review of her, it can be posted as an icon next to the title of the thread and if guys want to read the review they need to pay.

If you put ALL private...discussion and reviews, well, you will not have many takers because the same girls reviewed here are in other boards as well.

You need to give something to get something....you can not just want all for you.

And I do not contradict myself...my english is not that good and sometimes things come out twisted...

betty_snj said:
so, go for it...try to privatize...but leave the rest of the board the way it is.

People can ask for the girls, do ISO and discuss them, BEFORE actually booking them, in public.

Then, once a poster have a review of her, it can be posted as an icon next to the title of the thread and if guys want to read the review they need to pay.

If you put ALL private...discussion and reviews, well, you will not have many takers because the same girls reviewed here are in other boards as well.

You need to give something to get something....you can not just want all for you.

And I do not contradict myself...my english is not that good and sometimes things come out twisted...
Where have I ever said this board should go completely pay site? I've specifically said that would be the end of UG.

Know what your problem is... you don't read anyting I write.

I said a review section and or a private discussion forum.

And what are you talking about I want all for me...???????

btw... I just checked since I hadn't been there in months... But *** does not have a private mens only forum.

And if you mean that joke ennergizerbunny started on a free bulletin board site... that's hardly a private board when anyone including myself can go and register and join under any name or as many names as you want.

justlooking said:
Hey, it's not my fault that you're completely wrong about this.

[SFSF]
I don't think I'm wrong, and I think many others will agree. The board wants to make some money now, but it doesn't want to change. Oh sure we have superficial web page changes, less forbidden words, a "new" attitude, but where's the beef? I really don't understand WHAT you guys want in terms of a site. What are you trying to accomplish?

jp1064 said:
I don't think I'm wrong, and I think many others will agree. The board wants to make some money now, but it doesn't want to change. Oh sure we have superficial web page changes, less forbidden words, a "new" attitude, but where's the beef? I really don't understand WHAT you guys want in terms of a site. What are you trying to accomplish?
I see no one but the providers agreeing with you.

We want the site to stay the way its thrived all these years and hopefully find ways to bring added income to the board without trashing every principal it was built on.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Turning this into a site where no one can question or disagree with an advertiser?

How about letting all providers here dictate policy and ban anyone who disagrees or writes a bad review of them.

They can start with me.

No of course not, but I think we have seen that it's a fine line UG has to walk, and I would certainly give those who are funding you through advertising some "policy" consideration.

Ozzy said:
I see no one but the providers agreeing with you.
BTW, They ARE why we are here and this board exists isn't it? providers?

jp1064 said:
BTW, They ARE why we are here and this board exists isn't it? providers?

Whats that got to do with anything...

I could just as easily say that we tricks are the reason they come here..... I don't see them allowing us to dictate how they should run their business.

It's an endless circle... kind of like the chicken and the egg.... Yet you and your girlfriends here think the world of UG revolves around anyone with a pussy.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
jp1064 said:
I honestly think no one's contributing because they think they can't remain anonymous. Give them an address where they can just send cash in an envelope with no return address.
Anyone who has asked for that has received it (and serveal have done so; i.e. sent an envelope with cash). In addition they have been given the alternative of an anonymous source thru Western Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.