Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... and the political, wine & food and off topic threads before you start charging prolific posters who actually add something important to the site.

You guys are all crazy! the ONLY way to make this site last is to open it up more, turn the features on, less bullshit moderation and censoring as to what people say, think about the posters and advertisers first and less about yourselves and the backchannel info you might not get to hear. Draw people in not away. Become exactly what you don't want to be!

DaveNJ said:
question is, how many regular posters donated. If the regs are having a hard time parting with a few bucks, it seems unlikely the lurkers will.
The lurkers probably get more out of this site in terms of financial value than the regular posters do.

jp1064 said:
You guys are all crazy! the ONLY way to make this site last is to open it up more, turn the features on, less bullshit moderation and censoring as to what people say, think about the posters and advertisers first and less about yourselves and the backchannel info you might not get to hear. Draw people in not away. Become exactly what you don't want to be!
Sorry, it just pisses me off to have the site asking for money, and then one of the moderators pisses off a loyal advertiser in any way by what they say. truth or not. You should be kissing Betty's ass everyday for her support up to now.

jp1064 said:
Sorry, it just pisses me off to have the site asking for money, and then one of the moderators pisses off a loyal advertiser in any way by what they say. truth or not. You should be kissing Betty's ass everyday for her support up to now.
Wait... Are you saying that I'm not even allowed to disagree with an advertiser because she pays for an ad here... even if I'm right?

And your post above about turning on all the features.... I assume *****s? Well if everything went back channel what would be left for the site.

jp1064 said:

I'm sorry I gotta tell you how stupid this sounds...

Draw people in and not away?

Do you know how many more members/posters there are on this site than any of the others(Tri state area) ? Go look at *** or bigdog where back channeling is allowed and look and see how few posts there are over there and on top of that how few informative posts there are. If you want ass kissing which it seems you do, this is not the place... go there.

Ozzy said:
I'm sorry I gotta tell you how stupid this sounds...

Draw people in and not away?

Do you know how many more members/posters there are on this site than any of the others(Tri state area) ? Go look at *** or bigdog where back channeling is allowed and look and see how few posts there are over there and on top of that how few informative posts there are. If you want ass kissing which it seems you do, this is not the place... go there.
I'll tell you you are right on that! I don't like *** or tbd for forum stuff, but their formats are completely different. *** is a review database primarily, and TBD is just bullshit. UG on the other hand has the best entertainment value (so far).

My appologies if you took that personally Ozzy, but the customer is king, especially advertising customers. You should bend over backwards to keep them happy.

Ozzy said:
You don't want UG to have a private (pay for access) review section or forum... because the only way that can work is if it's supply side free. And you and the rest here can't stand that there's a place you don't have access too. (its that entitlement thing again)

You don't want UG to charge lurkers for access. Even though they're the ones obviously getting the most and giving back the least. Freloaders as some would call them.

It's already been shown that membership here won't voluntarily support UG enough to keep it financially stable.

It's already been shown that most whores don't like the site or would rather steal from it than support it.

So where's the money supposed to come from? Shut the site down or make it completely a paid site.... which either management chooses will eliminate all your cherished lurkers and pretty much everyone else.

Ozzy,

I don't care about the "private" review board...because I already have my reputation laid out and EVERYBODY knows what I look like, what I do and etc.

A private review board will not affect my business...period. The doggie board has a gold VIP area, where just the guys who earned their stars have access to it and also *** now has a new private board for guys only.

So I should I care if UG has a private section? I know, for sure, that you will not be talking about me, because there is nothing to talk about...I'm all in the open with myself and my ways.

Now...why should guys have to pay for access of information that they can get in other places, for free, or thru backchannel?

UG do not have a flock of girls that are exclusive and the only way guys coould find about them was to join in.

All the girls here are the same elsewhere...and how many public, private and UTR boards are around?

Actually, I belong to few UTR boards and they are....quiet. I don't get business from them at all and neither the other girls because is sooooo selective to few gentlemen, is more like those old yahoo clubs.

You know, Slinky should really let you start with the private paid board...and I bet, in few months, you will be wanting all the lurkers back, because there will be no one to read your posts.

In one of the threads Slinky mentioned, and I think you did too, that no other board has the volume of people clicking on it like this one...yes, but all the numbers you have ARE FROM LURKERS!!!!

One more thing...UG needs to attract advertisers and NOT clse the doors on them....going private, it will close the door.

Once you lose advertisers and lurkers, they will find other places to hang out and put their money in.

And they will not return....

jp1064 said:
My appologies if you took that personally Ozzy, but the customer is king, especially advertising customers. You should bend over backwards to keep them happy.
This board wasn't started to make money. It was started to fill a need for an honest coed whoreboard. You're making advertising/moneymaking too central to its mission.

Things change, and maybe money is more important to the board owners than it once was. So maybe the board will now change into something whose primary goal is to make money. I wouldn't begrudge them that, after all these years of providing the board almost as a public service. But, as far as I'm concerned, the board would then be OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.