Raising funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you actually said that, you are now my hero."
I'm honored to be your hero JL, but really how could I resist saying it.
I don't try any language humor at AMPs, just alot of pointing, smiling and smiles in return!
Thanks for tips Thorn. I'd rather just turn the AV off to see the ads then click it back on as opposed to adjusting the ad blocker (it's quicker).
"UG uses proper coding for ads "
Guess it's nice UG follows protocol but I don't consider UG ads in the same category as ads that I want blocked. You have actively seek out the UG ads.
I'll throw this up on the "concrete suggestions" thread.

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
Another soundtrack from Brokeback Mountain?

I wll ever ever refer to a man as a cowboy agian! Even if he reads interesting books.

Jay Leno quipped (best as I remember):
"Brokeback Mountain, so two guys are alone in the Wyoming wilderness herding sheep and the end up having sex with each other. Boy were those sheep happy about that!

justlooking said:
Because you have consideration for the readers of a public forum and so don't use the forum selfishly to further your own ends by posting material that doesn't further discussion and is of no use to anyone but yourself?
ahhhh... you're the one with 17,000+ posts JL, not me!

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
One thing has surprised me in this "Fund Raiser" that we've been doing:

We all know there are lots and lots of people who lurk here just about every day. I had thought that what we'd see was that people who posted a lot thought that they wee contributing through their posts, and wouldn't contribute much, and that a lot pf people who had never posted would take this as their chance to contribute something... if not posts, because for whatever reason they weren't comfortable posting... then monetary support of the board. Well, I have to say I am a bit shocked at the almost total lack of response from the thousands of lurkers. I don't know what else to think that it is not that they are uncomfortable posting, but that many of them are just "takers" and come here with no intention of "adding value" in any way? Perhaps I am wrong on this, and perhaps a few of these folks will at least let me know why I am wrong.

It doesn't surprise me that the lurker population hasn't stepped up.

But an idea worth trying is to simply make UG a pay site to all lurkers or anyone under ..... amount of posts.

What does UG stand to loose by possibly losing someone who's never added anything in the first place....

Ozzy said:
It doesn't surprise me that the lurker population hasn't stepped up.

But an idea worth trying is to simply make UG a pay site to all lurkers or anyone under ..... amount of posts.

What does UG stand to loose by possibly losing someone who's never added anything in the first place....
Don't they lose those people anyway?

Are there lurkers from the very beginning who still log in today?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I just did a search for members who have joined before 1/1/2002, have logged on since 1/1/2006, and have less than 5 posts.

Came back with over 2,000

Status
Not open for further replies.