Privacy rights: a slippery slope...

duly noted.

i thought of something really funny during court today. was this thread hijacked by going to cuba?

i'll try to keep to less fascinating subjects (to me at least) than myself.

Last edited:
upon more reflection

what's more state of the self than declaring you're in love? (and then discussing your g/f's wine lessons.) is it quantity?

(this is a genuine, non incendiary question.)

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
Cuba - I agree, funny.

I didn't volunteer that I was in love*. You asked for clarifcation of my rather convoluted statement in that thread (which I later clarified more approriately), when I saw what I had written I realized that I was 'under the influence' when I wrote it. My answer to you was the first thing that popped into my head.

As much as I've talked about her (and hopefully it's been seldom*), I think it's always been within the context of the conversation.

To a large degree, if you're going to contribute meaningfully to a discussion, you have to do it from your own perspective. And so there has to be people talking about personal stuff on a PMB in order for the conversation to not degenerate into meaningless abstractions. The complaint isn't that you talk about you. The complain is that you talk about you out of the context of the conversation.

Even that would be OK (anyone on here with more than 500 posts has hijaked a thread or two). The problem is that you seem to do it frequently.

* - In all honesty, discussing personal, non-commercial romantic relationships on a PMB makes me queazy. It made me queazy enough to discuss the Kimmie situation in any detail. Perhaps, ironically, I tend to be fairly closed lipped about my personal life.

Originally posted by justme
The complaint is that you talk about you out of the context of the conversation.
yes. thank you.

i like that you are direct in your criticism. jl's much vaunted "tact" makes his comments sometimes a little too cryptic for actual educational purposes. that being said jl, i appreciate any attempts.

please don't allow this question to have a chilling effect on your discussing your life. see, you are most closely aligned with my morality vis-a-vis this issue. therefore, it is riveting for me.

Last edited:
Re: darlingest

Originally posted by h. von bingen
so glad you have pulled your face out of your . . . and decided not to "ignore." i have done these things:

fed children ....................................peace, love and understanding,
hvb
There I was, thinking you were unflappable. Now it turns out you're extremely flappable.

Re: Re: darlingest

Originally posted by EVdenizen
Now it turns out you're extremely flappable.
my sentiments exactly. see my post where i am obviously humiliated to be outted as a goddamn dogooder. i was got good.

Last edited:
Silver Hills has apparently loosened their computer regulations...

p.s. i find it personally repugnant that someone who does not pay taxes has the temerity to criticize the government. since you are so good with legal issues my dear -- you have NO STANDING to do so.
If I have no standing to do so, then presumably neither does any other provider on this board, neh?

No woman who is also a provider here, who does not pay taxes on that income, is entitled to criticize the government?

That right is purchased with tax dollars?

The taxes you do or don't pay define your rights?

I guess none of us have the right to vote then, either?

Shut up all the soccer moms, then? Or do their husband's income taxes purchase their voting rights and political opinions?

What about people on welfare?

As far as the subject of the thread is concerned (that part you still can't wrap your narcissistic attention span around), it's impossible to know whether or not the people whose records may be being opened up for dissection by the DOJ meet your criteria, but I would imagine that at least a few of them do pay taxes, and even if they don't, I still think they have a right to their privacy...

But, I must say that this kind of cold blooded capitalist dollar-for-vote, amoral, let-them-eat-brioche is the real h. von bingen, one I can imagine easily. You're exactly that kind of person. Shut up everybody without a bank account that can impress hvb? Sounds dead-on for describing who you really are...

As for all that "I'm a humanitarian and I'm so embarrasssed to be talking about it here" stuff?

Get real, will you? I don't believe it now, and I never will. No one can despise other human beings with the joy that you do and pretend to any kind of humanitarian impulse. If you ever did the things you mentioned on your list, you did it for the junket, the CV credit, the free vacation and the claim to charity, and nothing else...

I'm still laughing my ass off at you -- you work the "I'm a total cunt with ice water in my veins" persona well, but you're just not good enough to pull off a human dimension; sorry, but you're way too inadequate to play that role...

But, hvb, you vicious, vindictive old bitch, here's the beauty part for you: you win.

You've made this board so nasty and uncomfortable for many people to participate in (hardly just me), and you have decided that it's all okay if it's for your own amusement. You resent everyone who finds you less than fascinating (an ever-growing population), you monopolize conversations, and rather than ignore threads that don't interest you, you make a point of chiming in to let everyone know why you think it's a stupid thread. (And then you have the nerve to go off your medication and treat us all to the outrageous stupidity of "Do you believe in", as big a waste of a bandwidth as ever graced this board, when it's obvious to Helen Keller that you'll never know what love is, and no matter how long you live, all you'll ever ultimately do is torture others; one has to hope that hombre deserves you...)

You're a thuggish old cunt, and I'm glad I'm nothing like you, in any way, shape or form. You've succeeded in making the place way too miserable for me to stick around, but don't kid yourself that you've convinced anyone with all your pronouncements about me. You wish so badly that I really were all the things you call me, but wishing doesn't make it so, and all the best people around here already know that, even when you threaten to demote them for it ...

But, like I said, you "win"...

And for you, that's all that matters, right? You got your vanity board, just the way you like it, hallucinations and all...

Cat,
GET A FUCKING LIFE!

Are threatening to stop posting on this board? Is that what you mean when you say that HVB won? If that is the case, then I leave you with these words "don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out".

Last edited:
rules 2 & 4 know them / live them

people on welfare and soccer moms are not tax scofflaws. i have never in my life done a thing for cv credit or a free vacation. in fact i never even use the term cv.

i'm such a poopy head the only thing i do believe in is love, and i have argued many times you can find love in the most unlikely places -- like on a whoreboard. i may not be good at love, but i have been lucky enough to be the recipient of alot of it. as for hombre, you know not whereof you speak there dear girl.

as for the groundswell of disapproval, if you mean your customers or other people you backchannel, there's not much i can do about that sort of underground -- oth, i think it worked well for, say, joseph mccarthy. moreover, i will make the same argument i have made to pj, psychosis and others: i have no idea who "everybody" is, and i certainly don't know what they are thinking.

special note to lawyer 101: she's right about one thing: i am old.

that being said, i have taken much to heart the discussions of justme, jl et al. and despite the limitations of gender and acculturation, continue in my attempts to disagree with the post not the poster.

Last edited:
Re: what's silver hills?

as far as i can tell: it's either a bakery or a navajo jewelry outlet.

No. It's the mental hospital in which you think I live but is actually where you spend all your time.

BTW, your earlier comment in this thread about standing showed an appalling lack of memory about basic constitutional law principles. You must have been out buying shoes that week and then failed to cover it in the outline you prepared for the final exam.

If you would just admit that you suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder and are, in fact, a poster child for this condition, people might be nicer to you. Perhaps SB will assist you in this process by making "Narcisstic Personality Disorder" your avatar.

From what I've read, therapy for this condition can take 30 years. If you start now, you might be able to pass as a human being right around the time you retire.

thanks judgie. the best post in months.

re: standing, i wasn't thinking strictly speaking, but i think it works nonetheless. maybe i should have said you have no right. i defer to your legal analysis.

re: silver hills -- i rather preferred a bakery, but i'm glad they serve cake.

Last edited: